Q.

Should places of worship and charitable institutions accept money/donation from someone who is corrupt ? Pls. elaborate on ur opinion.

Tags: travel, relationships, pls
Asked by sumitha, 12 Oct '09 12:44 pm
Answer this question  Earn 10 points for answering     Map Successfully AddedAdd Map

1.

Dear Sumitha, It is a very good question and relevant also.
To get a concrete answer, I think we have to study corruption first. What is corruption? I mean every one is corrupted at present. Love and greed for money leads one to be corrupted and there is hardly a body who doesnt really worship money.
I request you to forget about places of worship and charitable organization who survives on donation from generous people. Please think about your employer once, if they are exception to it. Categorization of corrupted people is very difficult and will not let you lead a life. When I was with IT organization, I have seen them taking off the original O/S sticker which costs around Rs.5000/= now imagine supply of 400 hundreds systems without original O/S to an Educational Institution where carrier of the nation is built. Is not it a real corruption? Could I express my resentment there? No, I too helped them in their job. All business organizations follow mal practices and it also comes un ...more
Answered by joyesh chakraborty, 14 Oct '09 12:06 pm

(3)
 (0)
2.

Sai Ram. The sea accepts water from all rivers that reach it, whether the water is pure or dirty! Similarly God / Saints can accept any money and use it for good purposes. However, they should not publicise the receipt of donations and accept only Gupt Dan! That way, other devotees don't get confused. They can also advise the donors that their sins can't be washed away by such means!
Answered by Venkateswaraswamy Swarna, 13 Dec '09 07:03 pm

(0)
 (0)

3.

Money is money. whether they r from corrupt people or otherwise makes no difference when a hungry man gets food out of it. Besides the defination of corruption and authority and means of deciding who is corrupt and who is not is always a big question mark.
Answered by Tushar Kher, 12 Oct '09 09:01 pm

(2)
 (0)
4.

No way
that is falling at the feets of corrupt people .
wrong means can not be adopted for noble works
there is no blessing in money recieved from corrupt people or through corruption .
there is blessing in money and charity with honest income ,dignified income
but before we take decision we should be sure whether the person is corrupt or involved in corruption .
never take cursed(haram ka paisa) money for the blessed works .
rest , god helps only those who have good intention and action .
Answered by commonman, 12 Oct '09 01:25 pm

(2)
 (0)
5.

It must be taken, because who wants to give donation may be they are corrupted or not it does not matter, point to be noted that he/she wants to help selfless.

And I think no body is generous here including me, if survive because they have not gotten any chance to do fraud.
Answered by Pravash Jha, 14 Oct '09 01:19 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

Each and everything in this universe is run by money, we need at least food and cloths to survive for which we need money. There is even a proverb saying that nothing comes on top of money, to an extent it is true. We can preach about ethics, morals, but how long? I'm not saying that we should encourage corruption. But we sincere honest common people are either not willing to donate money or not having enough money to donate to such sacred institutions. So if somebody is willing to donate, in my opinion, we should not at least restrict them. It is far better than putting someone to starve. May be corrupted person wants to clean his conscience with this noble deed. Nobody is born as a criminal or corrupted person. It is the situation which makes them to do such terrible deeds. Corruption is there everywhere, not only in earning money. There are evil minds behind white kind faces, which is well masked. The corrupted man could've utilized the money for some other purpose instead of donati ...more
Answered by Muktha Radhakrishnan, 14 Oct '09 12:57 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

Donation or charity is pure fund for them who receives it....!! it does not make any difference whether it is from the corrupt persons ior wise person !! But the most important thing is the charitable Trust or Worship organisations should use this funds for the Kind & noble Purpose !! : ))
Answered by Ramesh Mistry, 14 Oct '09 11:42 am

(1)
 (0)
8.

Madam Sumitha
Great Question
This Charity is Enjoined on us by all Divine Revelations .
I think it would be forbidden in my Faith .
It's one thing to donate money to charity or poor people, but that money has to have come from an honest place. It cannot have been stolen etc.
The general rule in Islam is that haram money should not be used for charity. Allah says in the Qur'an, "O you who believe! Give of the good things which you have (honorably) earned, and of the fruits of the earth which We have produced for you, and do not even aim at getting anything which is bad, in order that out of it you may give away something. (Al-Baqarah: 267)

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) also said, Allah is good and accepts nothing but that which is good." (Reported by Muslim)

Answered by salmanfarsi, 14 Oct '09 01:17 am

(1)
 (0)
9.

A clear cut answer, it is difficult to give for so many reasons. Give me the leeway to digress a little from the Qn. as such. In today's world, there are so many who are corrupt who are completely at ease mixing around with the ones who earn their money in the most honest way. Many a time, we wouldn't even know who is honest or who is not honest, except for the known high profile ones. And how does corruption survive? Inspite of all the big talk about morality and society needing to take this menance head on, very few venture out to take it on because when it comes to their own, very few have the patience to go through the ordeal. Thus corruption survives because there is a giver and there is a taker, who is prepared to look the other way whenever any violations are done or rules flouted as they set about getting what they want, cost not withstanding.

Answered by Omega, 13 Oct '09 09:53 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

Interesting question......
i think , it is not written on money that whether it is black money or white money .......
so if unknowingly black/corrupt money is used for good deed,work ...then i will have no problem ......
but i will not accept and encourage corrupt money for anything.
please correct me if im wrong
Answered by Gautam, 13 Oct '09 08:07 pm

(1)
 (0)