Q.

A Dream House, Sapnon ka ghar !!! Every person dreams a house. But a Home Sweet Home is better than a Dream house Isnt it. Still, a House remains as a Dream and a Wish ! Humne bhi dekha tha ek sapne, Hamara bhi hoga ghar ek apna ,aangan me ujadegi chandani ratein, baag bageech,phool paudhe !!! I too ,have a Beautiful house ,but I can hardly stay there as I mostly have to stay at my work place in an apt. What is your Dream House and What is your experience about a House ? Share it .

Tags: dream, money, education
Asked by Rachana, 05 Nov '09 12:21 pm

1.

A house so different from an apartment is slowly becoming a mirage as we get accumstomed to the concrete jungles of the metro, where we are cloistered within limited space and with even more limited breathing space. Even a house, an independent house today is wall to wall within the confines of an area that we call our own plot or to go a little further into the luxury domain, a villa in a gated community with all the paraphernalia of security and restricted entrance and still restricted scope for any activity other than the standard facilities that we get to see or get.

I am sure, that was not what was in your mind when you put this question to elicit responses from the viewers here. What it meant was probably a house that we can call our home in a natural setting where we are like free birds in the resplendent setting of the beautiful nature that this land has to offer, far away from the maddening crowd with its own sense of tranquility and exquisite beauty of the surroundings.

Answered by Omega, 07 Nov '09 04:54 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

I also had a dream home on top of a hill (actually mid part of a higher hill, broad hill & not narrow, this place is like a flat space before the hill goes up further) ... from where I would see my city. I had seen the place also. Just nearby a stream originates and a small pond is formed. It runs throughout the year ... away from the city but within half an hour drive from the city... ... ...

I sold it now. No more dream homes for me only houses :)))
Answered by rajneesh Rediff, 07 Nov '09 11:23 am

(1)
 (0)
3.

Very beautiful question Rachana...Yes I too have a dream house....in the midst of a lush green pasture, on the banks of a beautiful river, which flows relentlessly, cheerfully, always live and active....I could spent hours and hours looking into the deep clear water, where I could pick up a pebble to polish my water-colored sketch...
When you open the huge wooden gate of my house you will step into a green lawn, with a beautiful garden on both sides...the winding path will lead to the porch, which is again made of wood, like the entrance to a Kerala temple...
You have to ring the manual bell which is hanged over there...ting ting. Now you will enter into my house which resembles a "naalukettu"...you could smell fragrance of sandalwood, agarbathi along with peace and happiness.
Well built as per Vastu, so that nicely ventilated...letting light and fresh air always in and out...along the corridors...
Answered by Muktha Radhakrishnan, 06 Nov '09 05:40 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

A house becomes a Dream Home only when the Lady of the house is satisfied. The people living make it a pleasure amidst all the day to day problems. Let it be rented or own, only by leading a simple loving life, we can convert the place of our stay into a dream house. The responsibility rests with all the members of the family.
Answered by M Shankar, 06 Nov '09 05:34 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

This seems very poetical dreamy concept really, especially to those who are about to enter the world of their own on their hard earning and who do not have ancestral properties in heritance. I am once of such kinds and there is no wonder that I keep dreaming of my dream house and surely would love to plan many streams in equally poetical manner, Rachana. As tough as I try to make myself an eligible fellow to have that dream home come into reality, I am a guy who always store a soft spot for home in my heart. Feeling, well settled now, I can come back to the point of raising home and to sort out things towards that end.

Famous English poet Rudyard Kipling wrote something very sweet in one of his fine poems. I quote couple of his lines in one such poem :

``By my house and thy house hangs all the world`s fate // Thy house to my house friend comforting friend; // And they house to my house no meaner can bring // Than my house to thy house King counseling King.``
Answered by Indra Pawar, 06 Nov '09 03:45 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

House is structure..home is the finished entity plastered with affection, memories, efforts, dreams and filled with loved ones
Answered by Sumit Basu, 06 Nov '09 09:37 am

(1)
 (0)