Q.

Suppose you don't have to work for money as you have enough reserve. Would you work for money in spite of that? Why?

Tags: work, money, careers
Asked by soumyen sarkar, 20 Sep '09 03:07 pm

1.

It is irrefutable thing that I need money to sustain my being and that too in cordial ways. My life style is certainly not of 5 star status, though I wont deny the fact that a guy of my age would surely love to dream of such one in later stages. Therefore, I will surely not deny that I would work for money (and most people would not disagree with this statement). Now the first portion of yours asking What if I have enough reserve so as not to have work for money? No Sir. I wont like to take this stand because basically I love my work and I will keep enjoying my work, eventually whether I have enough reserve or otherwise. To me, it is important to identify myself, my interests, and my identity correctly in life and my work is my image, even though sometimes I feel my efforts are being underpaid. Still, I cater for work in first place rather than monetary interests. ``Work Happiness`` is something to cherish as it keeps my energy working 24/7 and in turn I see me as an eligible candidat ...more
Answered by Indra Pawar, 20 Sep '09 10:25 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

Interestingly, most people who exceeded and set live examples with millions and billions around did not start to "Earn money" in that fashion. They certainly wished to earn money, but after a certain time, it was their passion that kept them going and excelling in their ventures. Money was just a byproduct. You can look at Dev Anand for that matter.

As for me? I don't know what is "Enough Reserve"? And I would prefer to keep silent on that issue. :-) Because this "enough reserve" keeps on changing with inflation figures and city one is living in. While Rs. 40 lac may be a decent some for any person in any middle class city of India, in Mumbai, one would be able to afford only a 1BHK flat of 600 sq. ft. So what's "Enough Reserve" will keep on changing with years, place and time. So, I better skip this one. :-)
Answered by manish varma, 21 Sep '09 10:21 am

(1)
 (0)
3.

A lazy person, whatever the talents with which he starts out, whatever reserve money he has , have condemned himself to second-rate thoughts, and to second-rate friends and land into bad work.We will be just turn into insane , if we stop work under the pretext that laziness is attractive. Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in being Laziness only. Of course , we should work for something because it is good, not just because it stands a chance to succeed. And when we fail . and if somebody tells , you are bad , in no way , I will remain idle. Laziness may appear attractive, but work gives satisfaction.
Answered by PARTHA PATHAK, 21 Sep '09 10:15 am

(1)
 (0)
4.

No, i will not work.....like rahul gandhi(who does not have a home n car on his name).....i'll visit dalits, sleep in their huts, enjoy chai....meet some Kalavati....spend time with her ...promote her and become a national hero (heroine :))
my picture on front page in all national News papers will give me immense sense of satisfaction !!
Answered by Suman Singh, 20 Sep '09 07:11 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

What is it that has driven Bill Gates and Warren Buffet to become worlds richest persons? BG started a charity organization to spend what he earned and says this is more difficult than making money!!! And you know what WB did? He donated to the BGs charity fund!!!!
Answered by pat ram, 20 Sep '09 05:07 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

Sir,People primarily, work hard to make a living.Then they find new attractive ventures which are more profit making.They apply their efforts into it and when they find it progressing effieciently ,they get motivated to enter into more challenging ventures.From there they fail to take a turn back or retreat, It is not the Greed for making more money ,but also ,by applying our efforts, talent and skill to achieve something more and more challenging and brilliant.It is the Hunger or Thirst for making more Achievements in life rather than making money, where money comes along with it and adds into their existing reserves. It is difficult for an Enterprising and Hardworking person to sit idle ,doing nothing ,just because he has enough reserves.Even a retired Professor keeps himself busy and engaged ,teaching new young and fresh students,which for him becomes an inspiration in life.Gone are days, where people used to spend ,quiet retired lives.At present ,Work Until Our Body and Mind Allow ...more
Answered by Rachana, 20 Sep '09 04:08 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

I would certainly like to work even if I have enough money.(1)-There is no definition for "enogh money'.One does not know when he may land in an emergency and need more than his savings.(2) I would also need to work to make good use of my free time and also to do something for the society .each one of us is under debt from the society and one must do something to repay it (3) If I am doing some work ,making efforts and devoting my time -i would certainly like to be compensated for it -also in terms of money.
Answered by HEMANT MEHTA, 20 Sep '09 03:12 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

I would work for my knowlege, and will try to help others if possible....................
Answered by Kalyani Sawant, 20 Sep '09 03:10 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

Well
yes
Answered by anil garg, 23 Oct '10 01:12 am

(0)
 (0)
10.

General feeling is that money cheersup incentive for work inspite of your having it.
Answered by anantharaman, 04 Nov '09 09:15 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

My heart goes out to your uncle. I did see the video and don't understand why this is happening to him. I know several guys that have gotten liver t..more

Answered by Mickey