Q.

When is a pride negative for you and when is it positive for you ?

Tags: politics & government, arts & culture, religion & spirituality
Asked by Ghost Singh, 29 May '13 10:05 pm

1.

When you can handle it its positive else it leads to destruction- I doubt whether you can understand these broad terms - MB . why are you posting some questions which u dont understand at all and irrelevant to your life . be within your range . talk about Truck driving on highway - taking last breath on highway etc which you do usually . I will take smart steps to block this ID .
Answered by joyesh chakraborty, 02 Jun '13 02:52 pm

(0)
 (0)

2.

Pride is an insidious spiritual cancer. It lies at the root of all sin and self-centeredness, producing a profound darkness in the minds of those who tolerate it.

Some forms of pride are obvious (at least when they occur in the lives of others). Arrogance, boasting, haughtiness and snobbery are all fairly easy to see. Consequently, we tend to equate pride with such glaring manifestations. But there is another form of pride which is doubly dangerous; it is a pride which masquerades as humility.

The essence of pride is self-centeredness. This can be clearly seen in the arrogant. Look at everyone watch me. See them laugh at my jokes. Ill bet they envy my good taste in clothes, etc. An arrogant man has a high opinion of himself and seeks to be the center of his known universe at all times.

Answered by jameel ahmed, 29 May '13 10:08 pm

(0)
 (0)
3.

I believe pride has positive effects on people, but it also has negative effects. Pride is when someone is proud of the things he or she did. Of course, it also has bad effects, such as narcissism and hubris. I have done great and cool things before, but I also made mistakes because of being careless.
If someone achieves an amazing goal or ambition, he or she becomes very happy and enthusiastic about it. People will appreciate them for what they did and praise them. An example of this is making a new scientific discovery that can change the world as we know it. Another is a child who is a prodigy in many activities and gains lots of respect from his or her friends and family.
Source: google search
Answered by anil garg, 14 Jun '13 01:10 am

(0)
 (0)
4.

Pride is always negative to me. It is never positive. Pride kills everything - relations, friendship, character and life.
Answered by Seshadri Srinivasan, 02 Jun '13 07:46 pm

(0)
 (0)
5.

Pride is both negative as well as positive... It bcums negative when combined with ego....
Answered by riya sharma, 29 May '13 10:19 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

There are numerous self-help books for dealing with anger available online like Transforming Anger, Childre & Rozman, and there should be free sources..more

Answered by Karan