Q.

Are you a religious person,if yes then,Which aspect of your religion is most exciting according to you?

Will you impose your religious thoughts on your children?

Asked by Vaibhavi Mishra, 20 Sep '08 01:46 pm

1.

Even though I'm a Christian, I respect all religions. A long long ago my fore-fathers had belonged to a Brahmins family. Today I have many relatives who belong to different religions - Hindu, Muslim, Christian and even Sikh families here and there.

However, I strongly believe in Jesus Christ, the Light of the World, as my God and Saviour for many reasons:- Jesus was born in a very poor family, led life in simple way, never married, never fought war with a sword but won the hearts of the billions and billions of the people all over the world for centuries, performed a lot of greatest miracles especially raising the dead. After his crucifixion, he resurrected on the third day and lived further 40 days in this world. He revealed about his real divine identity to his desciples on several occasions. His details had already been mentioned in the Bible scriptures centuries before his birth. He will return to the Earth Second and Final advent will be as the King of the Kings and th ...more
Answered by Joseph Chacko, 22 Sep '08 02:43 pm

(3)
 (0)
2.

I am very religious. I believe in Hinduism. i also have faith that my religion is showing me the true path to moksha. What I like best about Hinduism is the two streams that exist together Dvaitism and Advaitism. It also allows us to choose whichever stream we like. no other religion in the world gives you so much freedom to choose your own path and have your own view about God.
I don't have to force anything on my son. i have already taught him the basic tenets of my religion and he now understands the main philosophy of the faith. What is more in his heart he has developed a deep sense and respect for Hinduism, not in a fanatical way but in a clam and rational way.
Answered by joyoti sen, 20 Sep '08 03:43 pm

(2)
 (0)
3.

You want to know whether I am a religious person. Yes, I do believe in God. I believe that he is the supreme power; I do believe that He is controlling the human destiny. I am a devout Christian. Being Christian I have an ardent love for Lord Jesus Christ. I value his sacrifice. I believe in every word he uttered during his stint on this earth. I think this would suffice to convince you that I am sufficiently religious.

Now I come to the second question which aspect of my religion I find most exciting. I believe that I must follow the system of faith and worship as per the standards laid down by Christianity. If I do so then it would surely make me a kindly and a human person. My religion does not ask me to master my opposing tendencies; but it merely asks me to believe in Lord Jesus Christ. He told us, I am the way. Once I regard Him as my savior then I do not have to make a conscious effort to show my self good. I do not have to pretend that I am kindly and a humane person. His pr ...more
Answered by Jack Johnson, 20 Sep '08 03:18 pm

(2)
 (0)
4.

No I aint religious but I relish GOD in all of natures creations. And I dont impose my views on the same
Answered by Saj Sierra, 20 Sep '08 03:01 pm

(2)
 (0)
5.

Dear Vaibhaviji, Gud Aftrn mam. Yes I can honestly say that I am a religious & pious person and god fearing ofcourse but I do not impose on them as they are well grown and understand what religion is. Born in Parsi Zoarastrian family but if you go to see I am 90% Hindu and 10% Parsi and I believe in one thing that all religions are same except we have different departments of our gods. Its also sinful in my religion to believe in other religion but I say yes I am committing sin but my heart says no all gods are same. I even fast on Mondays from last 36 years of my Lord Shiva since I am a staunch believer of Lord Shiva and I bring Lord Ganesha for last 32 years every year. This all amounts to sin I am doing I know but my heart says no I am not. So I treat all religions same and never impose religious thoughts on my children. U wont believe my children are also fasting on Mondays for Lord Shiva. Tke care regards Cyrus
Answered by cyrus irani, 20 Sep '08 02:04 pm

(2)
 (0)

6.

Yes, I'm a religious person n feel proud of born as a Hindu.
The appeal of Hinduism to me lies in the fact that Hinduism is not a theological religion.Theism, including the belief in a personal god or an impersonal god, pantheism, scepticism, agnosticism, uncompromising materialism or even atheism--all are permitted in our religion.The temper of a Hindu mind is exemplary.This temper gives the fullest freedom in matters of belief, customs, rituals and worship or religious observances.Tolerance is the life of this temper n attitude.The emphasis is not on the rightness or the wrongness of particular beliefs but on moral earnestness and spirituality of outlook.The Hindu temper takes nature n the earth into confidence.The feeling of kinship with nature is ingrained in the blood of the Hindus.The poetry of so many common, universally familiar phases of nature and facets of life is a valuable cultural heritage of ours.These features and aspects of Hinduism with their ethical and human appeal ...more
Answered by prashant sharma, 20 Sep '08 02:26 pm

(13)
 (0)
7.

I would have to answer this qn. in a different way, for I have my own beliefs on such a matter as religion as I consider it strictly too intimate a personal affair, something about which I never indulge in any discussion. I have grown up right from childhood with that thinking and for most of the years of my life, discussing religion in any manner was something we all avoided at any cost. For me, any religion was as good as the other. It is not our religion that really matters, but what each of us are individually. However good a religion may be, and if we do not have any goodness in ourself, it doesn't really matter where we belong or what we follow or what we believe in. I would rather prefer an atheist than a chest thumping religious man, who is not religious by any stretch of imagination or by any extended definition of the term, except may be he or she is a vocal votary of what ever they are following.

Answered by Omega, 20 Sep '08 07:47 pm

(3)
 (0)
8.

1. I am a religious person.
2. I do not follow religion for excitement, but for solace. For excitement, one can better watch Holywood movies. If it's religion, it's futile to search for excitement.
3. I am against imposing religious thoughts on children.
Answered by manish varma, 20 Sep '08 06:38 pm

(3)
 (0)
9.

I am not in conventional sense. I don't take my religion to public places to show like so many do these days . I follow what I believe in and go along with my friends of other religions and actually have prayed with them in Temples, Churches, Gurudwaras, Mosques, Jinalaya, etc.

When my parents and grand parents didn't do it with us I have no reasons to do it with my children as well.
Answered by rajneesh Rediff, 20 Sep '08 02:02 pm

(3)
 (0)
10.

Yes I am a deeply religious person. I like to follow the style put up by Lord Rama. However, I do not impose any religious thoughts on my children, but as they have been brought up in a surrounding where the thougts are religous and good, they also follow the religion deeply
Answered by rajnikant raiyarela, 22 Sep '08 08:07 pm

(2)
 (0)