Q.

September 21st is United Nations' International Day of Peace. Can we all QnA members join together and pray for universal peace at a common time, say 11 AM on that day? It will be a wonderful experience if we can make it , as all from different corners of world joining for a good cause. Will you chip in to make it a success?

Tags: money, relationships, education
Asked by Muktha Radhakrishnan, 16 Sep '09 05:41 pm

1.

The most important and sincerely meant verse in my daily morning prayers is "Loka Samastha Sukhino Bhavantu" which sums up what you want to pray for. For me, every day is a day we must pray for world peace, not just on the 21st. On that day too, I shall be praying for it as always.
To me, all days are Fathers days and Mothers days .. I never specifically celebrate those assigned days whenever I pray for those 365 days of the year.
But good thoughts on your side... I applaud your zeal in trying to inculcate that feeling at places you know...
Answered by Satish Kamath, 18 Sep '09 08:09 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

Nice idea I will be there at 11 AM on Monday.
Answered by Jack Johnson, 16 Sep '09 10:58 pm

(1)
 (0)

3.

I have no faith in this kind of ceremonies sponsored by UN. The UN has become sort of instrument in the hands of those who are culprits behind all wars in the world. As UN is a world forum after all, so some good words has to be uttered to appeal to the right thinking people. But only to that extent. In the history of UN we have never seen a country of substance or political relevance at the world level could be taken to task. Look at our neighbouring Pakistan, could UN discipline Pakistan? Look at Sudan, could UN take any action against China for its aggression in Darfur? Look at USA, has there been any change in the hegemonic activities in the middle east or all over the world?

Answered by soumyen sarkar, 18 Sep '09 11:04 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

Sure it is rathe good guesture bing a froun of peace lovers and a tribute to mahatma gandhi
Answered by Dinesh C S, 13 Nov '09 08:05 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

Just trying to answer to contrubute for peace.
Answered by vilas manohar deshpande, 18 Sep '09 08:14 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

Okay boss on that holiday i will be coming to hold the flag
Answered by satish, 18 Sep '09 01:33 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

Sorry, I am not available. My bil's daughter wedding confirmation(Nitchayadhartam)!I hereby authorise Mukthaji to give proxy on my behalf. All her committments is binding on me only towards United Nations. Wish the function a grand success! By the way what is the itinerary like??
Answered by MajorVLoganathan, 17 Sep '09 06:40 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

Oh..sure..muktha..! we all will be here at 11.00 to pray for peace as it has been something that has been on the verge of disappearance from the world............we need it badly..........
Answered by minati vishwakarma, 16 Sep '09 11:19 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

I find no problem in making a prayer for Universal Peace, if it can even have the least minimal effect in even avoiding one conflict in this world that will leave atleast a dozen persons with lesser misery.

What I am going to state is not a cynical opinion. This is something every one wishes and has eluded mankind at every turn of its march from the time it settled into a civilised (!!!!) society to the modern times.

If one is to exclude interveing short periods of peace and quiet, peace has eluded the human civilisation from the time the Assyrians first established a community or clanship some time around 4700 BC, through all the stages of history to the present times. Unfortunately, the ancient world from where it all started is today at the receiving end of all the turmoils more than the modern day civilisations which took root only a few centuries before A.D like the Europeans or even the Roman empire that came to be taken notice of only around 600 BC though it was establishe ...more
Answered by Omega, 16 Sep '09 08:57 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

Muktha,For Peace ,Sure !!!
Answered by Rachana, 16 Sep '09 06:23 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

No boundaries yet to find..more

Answered by BT SHIVA KUMAR