Q.

What was PROPHET MUHAMMAD'S CHARTER OF PRIVILEGES TO CHRISTIANS
AS PER LETTER TO THE MONKS OF ST. CATHERINE MONASTERY Thus setting the State based on tolerance and respect AND NON COMPULSION IN FAITH ?

Tags: relationships, faith, compulsion
Asked by azam khan, 03 Jun '12 04:03 pm

1.

"This is a message from Muhammad ibn Abdullah, as a covenant to those who adopt Christianity, near and far, we are with them. Verily I, the servants, the helpers, and my followers defend them, because Christians are my citizens; and by Allah! I hold out against anything that displeases them.

No compulsion is to be on them. Neither are their judges to be removed from their jobs nor their monks from their monasteries.
No one is to destroy a house of their religion, to damage it, or to carry anything from it to the Muslims' houses. Should anyone take any of these, he would spoil God's covenant and disobey His Prophet. Verily, they are my allies and have my secure charter against all that they hate.

No one is to force them to travel or to oblige them to fight. The Muslims are to fight for them. If a female Christian is married to a Muslim, it is not to take place without her approval. She is not to be prevented from visiting her church to pray.

Answered by anil garg, 04 Jun '12 01:55 pm

(0)
 (0)
2.

????????
Answered by samiran panda, 03 Jun '12 04:05 pm

(0)
 (0)