Q.

What was prophet muhammad's charter of privileges to christians
in letter written to the monks of st. catherine monastery ?

Tags: education, books, st
Asked by azam khan, 15 Dec '11 03:32 pm

1.

The Charter granted by the Holy Prophet to the Christians:

"This message is from Muhammad (pbuh), son of Abdullah, which has the status of an undertaking for those who have far and near accepted the religion of Christianity that we are with them. In fact, my sub-ordinates, my associates, my companions (sahabas) and my followers will defend them because the Christians are our citizens, and I swear by Allah that I dislike everything which makes them unhappy.

Let there be no compulsion on them. Neither their judges should be removed from their posts nor should their monks be removed from their places of worship. Let no one destroy their places of worship, let no one harm them and let no one take anything from their places of worship to their own homes. Anyone who does so will violate the covenant of Allah. In fact they (the Christians) are My allies and I make this promise unto them: no one will force them to migrate or fight a battle. The Muslims will fight to protect them. If any ...more
Source: google
Answered by anil garg, 15 Dec '11 03:41 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

In 628 C.E. Prophet Muhammad (s) granted a Charter of Privileges to the monks of St. Catherine Monastery in Mt. Sinai. It consisted of several clauses covering all aspects of human rights including such topics as the protection of Christians, freedom of worship and movement, freedom to appoint their own judges and to own and maintain their property, exemption from military service, and the right to protection in war.

An English translation of that document is presented below.

This is a message from Muhammad ibn Abdullah, as a covenant to those who adopt Christianity, near and far, we are with them.
Verily I, the servants, the helpers, and my followers defend them, because Christians are my citizens; and by Allah! I hold out against anything that displeases them.
No compulsion is to be on them.
Neither are their judges to be removed from their jobs nor their monks from their monasteries.
Answered by hazir jawab, 15 Dec '11 03:33 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

628 C.E. Prophet Muhammad (s) granted a Charter of Privileges to the monks of St. Catherine Monastery in Mt. Sinai. It consisted of several clauses covering all aspects of human rights including such topics as the protection of Christians, freedom of worship and movement, freedom to appoint their own judges and to own and maintain their property, exemption from military service, and the right to protection in war.
Answered by iqbal seth, 23 Nov 12:50 pm

(0)
 (0)
4.

Section onetwoone onetwofoura IPC. In 628 C.E. Prophet Muhammad (s) granted a Charter of Privileges to the monks of St. Catherine Monastery in Mt. Sinai. It consisted of several clauses covering all aspects of human rights including such topics as the protection of Christians, freedom of worship and movement, freedom to appoint their own judges and to own and maintain their property, exemption from military service, and the right to protection in war.

No compulsion is to be on them.
Answered by pichku tube, 26 Oct 09:19 am

(0)
 (0)