Q.

Am middle class salaried person. My wife pressurise me to conduct Arangetram for my daughter. It seems a little bit costly affair.? But My efforts to persuade her about my concern are went deaf air. I am NOT AT ALL interested in this Bharat Natyam. But I want to ask the people involved in this Art..Why you make this art SO EXPENSIVE..? beyond the reach of common man..?

Asked by badri nath, 13 Mar '09 02:11 pm

1.

Your daughter's interest and devotion could solve your problem.Ordinarily all wives make husbands to dance their tune, which is not possible.Even Ram knew well that no where deer of gold exists but Sita pushed him to find the deer of gold for her and Ram's suffering is well known to all.
Answered by Ravindra Yadav, 13 Mar '09 08:11 pm

(0)
 (0)
2.

Why dont you try to get it sponsored by some small company? Pity you have a dope for a wife
Answered by Satish Kamath, 13 Mar '09 06:10 pm

(0)
 (0)
3.

See u should do only what ur income allows u too some times wives dont understand that and it is real pity.
Answered by babu rao, 13 Mar '09 04:51 pm

(0)
 (0)
4.

Arts are expensive in India because there are not that many people available who practice / teach them. And you don't have a confederation of businesses to promote artform as you have with say- MBA graduates. Which is why it's expensive....

And your wife's pressuring you because she doesn't maybe want the daughter's dream to start crumbling at this young an age....it looks to me as if your daughter is REALLY into Arangetram. If she sees her dream crushed this early on, she will lose all forms of confidence....

You should shell out those few extra Rupees....you may grudge now, but all the money you saved won't matter if u have to deal w/ a daughter w/o confidence.
Answered by A Moin, 13 Mar '09 04:33 pm

(0)
 (0)
5.

Arangitam is a Costly affair. Without this one dancer is not getting the exposoure in the society. For this you have to do some expenses for arranging one hall, Tea & snakes & Gurudakshina. You can curtail this cost by discussing with your guru who is behind gift.
Answered by Anjan Talukdar, 13 Mar '09 02:54 pm

(0)
 (0)
6.

Sir, its not the problem with the costly assesories of bharat natyam, its the problem with u.. u havnt make ur wife come so closer to you, that she can feel ur problem as her problem.. she is presurrizing on u, bcoz she doesnt has a clear idea of ur financial condition..
Sir, give some time to ur family,,.. make ur wife sit beside u, in a cool evening, put hands over her sholder and just as u used to share ur emotional pains with ur nussury class frnd, do the same and say every thing to ur wife... dont hide anythig... then i am SURE, she wwld understood.... best of luck....
Answered by soumitra banerjee, 13 Mar '09 02:16 pm

(0)
 (0)
7.

Then u go for yakshaghana.......................
joking apart, these r getting costly bcoz teachers avalable fr these arts r very few, so they too struggles to earn thr food, so it is costly
Answered by loki loki, 13 Mar '09 02:15 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Mrs.Soundra Kailasam was born on Feb 28th 1927 at Karur in TamilNadu. She was the first child of Late Sundara Goundar who hails from a well establishe..more