Q.

What's the difference between FORGOT and FORGOTTEN? among the 2, which stands as the past tense of FORGET?

Asked by varsha, 26 Apr '09 07:33 pm

1.

Forgot is the past tense form of Forget. The difference between forgot and had forgotten can be best illustrated with an example : I forgot to eat lunch. I had forgotten to eat lunch. In the first sentence you mean that you didn\'t notice that you should have taken lunch and that it just slipped out of your mind and that you were preoccupied with something else at that point of time.. In the second sentence you mean that although you had taken your tiffin box and it was lying right in front of you yet you had forgotten to eat it..! had Forgotten is past perfect tense and forgot is past tense form of the word forget...! Both words have more or less the same meaning only the intensity is greater in had forgotten...
Answered by Rohit Soni, 27 Apr '09 06:38 am

(0)
 (0)
2.

Difference of TEN . .
Answered by varun shende, 26 Apr '09 08:57 pm

(0)
 (0)
3.

Forgot >> simple past >> I forgot to do my home work last night. (Use forgot -simple past- for an even that take place at a specified time -here last night) forgotten >> past participle>> I am sorry, I have forgotten your name. (Use forgotten -past participle indicates past or completed action).
Answered by Jayakrishnan, 26 Apr '09 08:02 pm

(0)
 (0)
4.

FORGOT is past tense of FORGET
Answered by atul, 26 Apr '09 07:35 pm

(0)
 (0)