Q.

Sending an young child to a boarding school...sending parents to old age homes... both tough decisions to take... which do u think is worse and why?

Tags: relationships, health, education
Asked by sumitha, 22 Dec '09 11:17 am

1.

We can't compare both the situations from same point of veiw !! Sending children to Boarding School is for the good motive & parents send them to grow with good standard of life & decipline... which they can not able to give their child at home !! While sending parents to Old Age Homes is literally different from the first one...here some people (Own Children) send their parents forcefully or pressurise the parents to go to Old Age Homes & make ownself relief from the Responsiblity & Liabilty !! (In some cases there is nobody who can take care about old parents is OK if they are sent to these Old Age Houses by their relatives...I think this kind of Parents here can enjoy their life more than their own house !! : )) In the First situation there is hope for the "sent one" will come back with good decipline...but in Second situation nobody wants them back !!
Answered by Ramesh Mistry, 22 Dec '09 11:32 am

(1)
 (0)
2.

You see, I was sent to Convent when I was simply 4 years plus. I cursed my parents always. But having grown and during this process, my curses just transofrmed itself as praises for the bold stelps my parents have taken towards my own welfare. So 'Kuch Paane Keliya, Kuch Khona padta hai'. But, sending hapless parents to old age home is nothing but an unpardonable Crime against his own creators. They will have to meet with the same fate, when they grew old. They cannot go scot free and will meet with the same fate if not graver.
Answered by Siachen, 22 Dec '09 11:57 am

(2)
 (0)
3.

Sending parents to old age homes is not only worse, it is cruel, too. We send the children to boarding schools for their future. What for do we send our parents to old age homes ? For our comforts ???
Answered by kishore malhotra, 22 Dec '09 11:38 am

(2)
 (0)
4.

I cant think of both, and in that position better not to expect
Answered by rajushah, 22 Dec '09 11:32 am

(1)
 (1)
5.

Without a blink - sending parents to old age homes is worse, but i dont think people who take this decision find it "Tough Decision" as its entirely taken for self pleasure and comfort.
Answered by shashi, 30 Dec '09 01:08 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

Well Sumitha, I am trying to answer this without reading the other answers here. In the present world, sending a child to a boarding school, even though it is a bit difficult I feel I can be rest assured that that in a way put that child in a position to face the world alone and enough courage to meet the various kinds of people, and there by a good lesson to learn, etc.
But, Oh my dear, the second one is something very very selfish and very bad indeed. But for them we wouldnt be here at all and it is our foremost duty to take care of them in their old age. Personally I cant just think of such a decision. I dont mind pushing aside my comforts little bit to accommodate them. Even today during my mother's "Thithi" we, - me and my brothers go to an Oldage home nearby and give food for them and to some we give new cloths also.
So it is the second one is really worst
Answered by Sundar Rajan, 26 Dec '09 09:31 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

Hi Sumitha,I would say both decisions should be avoided.Unless it isnot very much necessary it should be thought of or discussed.Every individual wish to have a home and require a home.it is the Right of an Individual.Though home has ways to maintain somediscipline ,it does not have Bells Riinging.In both boarding and oldage homes everything is done according to timetable ,rules and regulations.When we are made to live according to certain rules ,we find diffiuclt to follow.Mostly children in boardings hate the rules and so become rebellious and even try to brake the rules.it is the rules which make living in such places difficult,horrible and unenjoyable.The rules make such places differnt from homes. It is the Rules ,discipline ,ANUSHASAN as Amitabh bachan says in his Gurukul in film Mohahbatein which makes the place difficult to live. We try to maintain some discipline in our homes ,but we dont have rules in our homes.Even some times children dont like such discipline still that mu ...more
Answered by Rachana, 23 Dec '09 07:50 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

In my opinion, the latter is worser than the former. Even in epics and vedas pupils used to go to boarding school or 'gurukul', staying in guru's home. That way they will learn a lot of things other than academic lessons, how to adjust, compromise, share, value the things they are getting. By missing home, they will understand the value of love and care by parents. But sending young children to boarding is not at all advisable as during that tender age they need more attention and affection from parents, which will help in their mental development. Otherwise a feeling of negligence and loneliness may start developing in them. In later stages, most of the children have to leave their parents for higher studies.
Answered by Muktha Radhakrishnan, 23 Dec '09 06:37 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

Sending parents...its the worst decision one has to take if he/she has no other alternative under the sun.
Answered by sumita ganguly, 22 Dec '09 11:25 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

Both as family living united solves many issues and brings in harmony
Answered by saranathan Narasimhan, 22 Dec '09 03:17 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

Unfortunately, safety experts have found that many drivers don't benefit from ABS brakes ... This means that you can't skid when you brake in an ABS c..more

Answered by Ankit Jadhav