Using your phone's internet browser
go to:  qna.rediff.com
Click and drag this link to
the Home icon in your browser.
Q.

What percentage of total water present on earth is 'fresh water' ?

Tags: environment, total water
Asked by pravin, 14 Mar '13 11:08 am
  Invite a friend  |  
  Save  |  
 Earn 10 points for answering
Answer this question  Earn 10 points for answering    
4000 characters remaining  
  
    
Keep me signed inNew User? Sign up

Answers (9)

1.

Seventy percent
Answered by Quest, 14 Mar '13 11:50 am

 
  
Report abuse
Useful
 (0)
Not Useful
 (1)
Your vote on this answer has already been received
2.

About twenty five percent is my guess
Answered by Shantha, 14 Mar '13 11:09 am

 
  
Report abuse
Useful
 (0)
Not Useful
 (1)
Your vote on this answer has already been received
3.

It's in an alarming situation....!
Answered by Dil Se, 15 Mar '13 08:48 pm

 
  
Report abuse
Useful
 (0)
Not Useful
 (0)
Your vote on this answer has already been received
4.

Fresh water is scarce..
Answered by tanuja, 15 Mar '13 07:53 pm

 
  
Report abuse
Useful
 (0)
Not Useful
 (0)
Your vote on this answer has already been received
5.

.75 %
Answered by Manju Sikri, 14 Mar '13 11:47 am

 
  
Report abuse
Useful
 (0)
Not Useful
 (0)
Your vote on this answer has already been received
6.

Of all the water on Earth, 97.5 percent is contained within the oceans, while the remaining only 2.5 percent is freshwater lakes and frozen water locked up in glaciers and the polar ice caps
Source: http://www.universetoday.com/65588/what-percent-of-earth-is-water/
Answered by PARTHA PATHAK, 14 Mar '13 11:14 am

 
  
Report abuse
Useful
 (0)
Not Useful
 (0)
Your vote on this answer has already been received
7.

Not more than 1%
Answered by Manoj Joshi, 14 Mar '13 11:13 am

 
  
Report abuse
Useful
 (0)
Not Useful
 (0)
Your vote on this answer has already been received
8.

Approximately two point five percent of the total volume of water on earth as per united nations ( uno ) report
Answered by iqbal seth, 14 Mar '13 11:11 am

 
  
Report abuse
Useful
 (0)
Not Useful
 (0)
Your vote on this answer has already been received
9.

0.03% only
Answered by manvika, 14 Mar '13 11:09 am

 
  
Report abuse
Useful
 (0)
Not Useful
 (0)
Your vote on this answer has already been received

Ask a Question

Get answers from the community

600 characters remaining