Q.

Do you think that poetry has the power which can move you (I'm not saying that it can change the life.) ??

By the way, how many of you still enjoy reading poetry, and reading it seriously?
Who is/are your favorite English/Hindi poet/s?
Can you shares few lines please?

Asked by prashant sharma, 21 Mar '09 09:15 pm

1.

Poetry is the record of the best and happiest moments of the best mind. A poem is the very image of life expressed in its eternal truth ~~~~ P. B. Shelley

Prashant, with all the definitions of the word ``few``, I am unable here to find it possible to be truthful with this condition of yours while spreading wings on the lush green pastures of poetry. Though you are keeping reservations on the point that whether it can change the life or otherwise, I wish to shake hands with you on other point that is has power which can move the reader. Now, here I am not questioning the grasping ability of the reader, but so long he is ready to enjoy the magic of poetry, he is liable to feel moved; virtually on all forms of poetry, be it in sonnet, ballad, ode, elegy or song. There is no need to take the singular petal to sense the fragrance of rose, likewise while enjoying the heart of poetry one surely would not need to take an individual feature or form of poetry.

Answered by Indra Pawar, 22 Mar '09 12:08 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

A poem can stir all of the senses, and the subject matter of a poem can range from being funny to being sad.Now a days I am not reading poems though I like them.

Gold Leaves
a poem by G.K.Chesterton

Lo! I am come to autumn,
When all the leaves are gold;
Grey hairs and golden leaves cry out
Answered by anantharaman, 25 Mar '09 06:54 am

(1)
 (0)
3.

English wardworth and hindi some film poets like sahir and shilendra dunia banaewale kya tereman me samyee kaheko dunia banaye
Answered by Dinesh C S, 23 Mar '09 08:58 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

Yes Good poetry can move you and emotionally arouse you. By poetry here I mean the old age poetry of Tennyson, Keats, Wordsworth, Shelley,Byron, Yeats,Rossetti,Coleridge, Longfellow , Tagore and other such great poets. I am not a poet but I really liked the poems in my school books. In college the prescribed poetry book was; Palgrave's Golden Treasury and I loved reading the poems from that book. I could easily understand these poems and imagine the scenes poetically described in my mind.
1.The lines from 'The Brook' by Alfred Lord Tennyson...For men may come and men may go but I go on for ever' made me imagine the tiny brook flowing through all types of terrain without stopping.
2.'La Belle Dame Sans Merci' by John Keats made me feel for the poet and his grief.
Answered by Mitali Choudhury, 22 Mar '09 11:16 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

Apart the revolutionary poetry. All are same to me like sleeping pills :)
Answered by peekay first, 22 Mar '09 07:40 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

I cannot say that I am still reading but what I have read so far is seeped in my bones." The Elegy in a Country Church Yard" by Thomas Gray is one that I remember whenever situations that are quoted in there, arise. A stanza here for your reading pleasure:
Full many a gem of the purest ray serene
The dark unfathom'd caves of the ocean bear:
Full many a flower is bloomed to blush unseen, And wastes its fragrance in the desert air.
Whenever I see people not being recognised for their efforts this stanza comes to my mind. My other favourites are Wordsworth, Sarojini Naidu - who can forget the Palanquin Bearers - Lightly o lightly............"
Answered by gem mina, 22 Mar '09 06:51 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

Ya poetry is lovely piece of art in writing which has power to touch heart and soul ..
i still do enjoy reading poetry and getting to the core of it ..

there are so many favourite poets , but will share few lines here from two three poets ..

Are You There? by W. H. Auden
Each lover has some theory of his own
About the difference between the ache
Of being with his love, and being alone:
Answered by parul advani, 21 Mar '09 09:32 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

Yes,,,,,i think..........Poetry is a phantom script telling how rainbows are made and why they go away.
it ....is a mirror which makes beautiful that which is distorted.........it is just the just evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash. ,,,,,, i like poetry....................
i think it is like is boned with ideas, nerved and blooded with emotions, all held together by the delicate, tough skin of words. ,,,,,,mine fav.... poets are...
so many,,,,,, The Raven" by Edgar Allen Poe. ,,,,you and me and the cottage of lost play" By J.R.R. Tolkein etccccccc!!
Answered by malishka, 21 Mar '09 09:25 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

"Did you know that"..it starts with this particular line...rest:-)))))
Answered by bhoomi, 21 Mar '09 09:23 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

Yes it has. That's the reply to the first part of your question.
Secon part: I do enjoy poetry i both the languages.
Answered by Rajendra G, 19 Apr '12 02:36 am

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Muktha..., i don't have just ONE favorite song..; there's a long list of songs that i love to listen and to sing too......; my most favorite songs are..more

Answered by minati vishwakarma