Q.

Http://specials.rediff.com/getahead/2008/jan/21sld 11.htm
Ladies would ya like to try this on? If yes then why if no then why.

Tags: ladies, http://specials.rediff.com/getahead/2008/jan/21sld11.htm
Asked by Saj Sierra, 22 Jan '08 10:26 pm

1.

Well I have had a look at this saree and can tell you now that I would not wear it. The reason has nothing to do with eastern style dress v. western - because I will wear both. The fact is I would never wear anything which is akin to an advertisement promoting a business or a company and this is exactly what this garment does by advertising Google. Why on earth should I become a walking advert for someone else and without a fee!!! I wear quality designer garments by Jaeger, Max Mara and even Ritu Kumar but NOT with the labels showing. A very BIG NO from me !!!!
Answered by Janis, 23 Jan '08 12:03 am

(0)
 (0)

2.

Wow! That's a smart idea for a garment!
It's pretty and stylish and modern too...but am a bit worried about the IP violation of Google copyrighted stuff.
Plus, it's a great sight from a distance, but as ppl get closer, they would tend to get closer and closer trying to read up the Google search results!!! Eww, that's a scary scenario!!!
Personally, I really liked this one - http://specials.rediff.com/getahead/2008/jan/21sld5.htm - smart and chic!
Answered by swati misra, 23 Jan '08 02:05 am

(0)
 (0)
3.

Hi Saj,
Well you go me on a tricky situation right now.
You are asking me to select between the Indian tradition, which I have been taught to respect and follow from childhood and other my profession without which I feel the IT industry will come to a standstill. Well, a tough ask but I will try to be honest and do justice to both.
Wearing a trendy designer saree which does not disrespect anyone in anyways and is not controversial is fair.
Yes. I would like to wear the collection showcasing GOOGLE maybe REDIFF QnA for that matter.
Human psychology and most importantly the Indian tradition does not accept any change in their custom, we resist change in the beginning but then slowly and gradually start following it. Similarly it is not far when you can see those dress in the normal course.
Culture and Profession is two different things but wearing a trendy dress is directly proportional to the level of westernization of the culture of our family.

Answered by Kelly Sharma, 22 Jan '08 11:45 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

Well I have had a look at this saree and can tell you now that I would not wear it.
Answered by Quest, 25 Jul '13 11:50 am

(0)
 (0)
5.

Cant open d link sorry
Answered by pooja batra, 24 Jan '08 06:58 am

(0)
 (0)
6.

I dont want to look like a live search engine.i will not try this saree.
Answered by lucky gogoi, 23 Jan '08 10:12 pm

(0)
 (0)
7.

As it is when my grandmother sees my saris she comments" I would not even have worn them to go watch a film" now if I were to wear that she'daccuse me of wearing newspapers:))

Personally also, I would not buy it as i only wear saris to weddings and this is not an outfit I would like someone to wear and come to a function I am hosting so I would certainly not wear it to theirs.
Answered by EmM, 23 Jan '08 03:51 pm

(0)
 (0)
8.

Well! Sarees are elegant in look! I have always loved them but I don't know how to wear them...I have only worn saree once! I carried it quite comfortably!
This one I would definitely love to try on as it's looking pretty much elegant!
Answered by nicole nicole, 23 Jan '08 03:09 pm

(0)
 (0)
9.

I would never wear such a saree though I love sarees very much. The material looks good but the writings have made it look cheap and horrible. But some of the other sarees are worth a try.
Answered by Mitali Choudhury, 23 Jan '08 02:57 pm

(0)
 (0)
10.

Thanx saj ji ,I liked the sarees they were nice thanx
Answered by sgk, 23 Jan '08 02:16 pm

(0)
 (0)