Q.

What is use of 'Avil" tablet? Is it any harm if it is used regularly

Asked by kishor marla, 05 Dec '08 01:29 pm

1.

Its the brand name of Anti-Histamines group of drugs used for allergies. Its been around for at least 50 yrs. Problem with Avil is that it causes drowsiness / lethargy and other side-effects like dry mouth. There are several newer group of drugs which do not cause these problems.
Answered by mahesh chandra, 05 Dec '08 02:00 pm

(2)
 (0)
2.

'avil' is an anti-allergic tablet to be taken under medical supervision. it causes drowsiness and the recommended dosage should not be exceeded.
Answered by Pradeep Kumar, 05 Dec '08 01:44 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

It is anti allergic.
Answered by SRINIVASAN N, 05 Dec '08 01:30 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

Av il is an antiallergic which has given me quick relief from allergic rhinitis and I have taken it quite often ( 3-4 times in a month ) for my be last 30-40 years without any obvious permanant damage to my health. However it indeed induces drowsiness rather quickly and as a standard practice I never took avil during day time except when I was confined to home because of rhiniths. Whenever I get an attack of Rhinithis I take one tablet just before going to bed not more that 2-3 days in a row. My experience is that no doctor ever approves taking Avil for Rhiniths for what ever reason they switch to other antihistamines claimed to be free from sedation as a side effect or advise an antibiotic. My inferrence : one can take Avil depending on need and based on own observation without allowing a dependence ( go to the doctor if you do not get relief in a day or two As a thumb rule do not take more than 4 - 25 mg tablets in a row for one episode of minor allergy
Source: own experience
Answered by Bansidhar Shende, 10 Jan '12 10:53 am

(0)
 (0)
5.

It is also known as sleeping pills
Answered by Tripti Shukla, 01 Jul '10 02:15 am

(0)
 (0)