Q.

This question is for all men folk in the forum. We all know that the best chefs in the world are men. Can you share with us your favourite recipe. I mean recipe and not dish.

Tags: money, relationships, education
Asked by gem mina, 26 Sep '09 03:51 pm

1.

This is the first recipe I ever tried for white chili, and it is the best one I have ever found. I found it in a cookbook called So Fat, Low Fat, No Fat, This is not the exact recipe in the book, as I have made a few minor adjustments to make it a little easier.

Chilly Chicken

2 cups water
1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves,
Answered by joyesh chakraborty, 26 Sep '09 04:16 pm

(5)
 (0)
2.

Madam! Out of compulsion, I am in the process of learning cooking and yet a novice.Being a southie,my favorite recipe(infact easy so it is favorite :-)) is Upma. Lemme proceed now with the recipe.Pour about 3 tablespoons of oil and a dollop of butter and once it liquidifies season it with some mustard,udad dal and chanda dal. Then add one sliced onion,(1 onion),thinly sliced garlic(2pods)and an inch of ginger(thinly sliced)& curry leaves. Once onion turns pink,add 2 measures of water for 1 measure of Rava or Sooji. Let it come to a boil,now add salt according to taste,then pour 1 measure of Rava slightly dry fried(so that it doesn't get the sticky texture).Go on stirring it while you let it simmer. Once the water is completely obsorbed the Upma is ready.
Answered by inquisitive, 26 Sep '09 07:08 pm

(3)
 (0)
3.

Mostly I prepare Sunrise coffee daily,
I may prepare dosa and idli and chutney very rarely.
Other than that I am not allowed to use kitchen .
Answered by anantharaman, 26 Sep '09 07:52 pm

(2)
 (1)
4.

First time a nice Dish has asked me to share a recipe - I love cooking, and it is so difficult to point out just one, but all the same, here goes - one that came into my mind cause I prepared it just before the Navratri started.....
CHICKEN STEW (of sorts)

First One slop of Butter. Add plenty of Garlic and twice the amount of Chopped Onions and stir.Add Celery and a cupful of maida and stir for couple of minutes, add Milk - about a cup or so or even more, and stir until the stuff becomes like a thickish gravy. Not too thick please.
If you want to avoid the above maida, milk thing, you can just boil a Knorr cream of Mushroom soup and pour it in. Works delightfully, although it adds a bit of a commercial taste to it, but it works. In this case, add some pepper powder, about a tablespoon.
Chicken, half Kg or a little more, preboiled in pressure cooker 5mts with crushed pepper and a few chopped chillies. About 3 or 4 long ones that is...
Answered by Satish Kamath, 26 Sep '09 05:10 pm

(2)
 (0)
5.

Dear Gem minaji, I am very frank, I am a very bad cook. Once I made omelette for my wife which were made into 4 pcs and then I tried to make chapatti wherein the shape was of India's map so you can imagine how bad I am in cooking. Yes I am proud to say that chota-mota repair in the house of anything I am very expert, I can mend it but cooking is not my cup of tea. Yes I can make a gud hot cup tea/coffee. Regards Cyrus
Answered by cyrus irani, 26 Sep '09 05:14 pm

(1)
 (0)

6.

This one is called Mughlai Paratha...the way it was originally prepared:
Prepare a dough of Maida with minimum sprinkling of water and a touch of desi ghee.
One egg sprinkled with coriander leaves and a touch of salt---- whisked.
Mutton minced(keema) prepared just by boiling to edible softness with salt to taste.
Use the rolling pin to spread the maida ball to a thin spread.
Fold twice and spread again. Coat it with the egg and spread the minced mutton.
Fold and press the edges tightly so the contents dont leak out.
Then fry on a non-stick frying pan to golden state.
Dip slightly in mustard sauce and some dhaniya chutney to enhance taste.
There have been several occassions where my cook failed to turn up...so have learnt to prepare quite a number of dishes for breakfast including Butter toast, french fries, chicken sandwiches, and Tea( one could die for the flavour only), Lucknawi Biriyani and mutton cutlets which would leave you licking your fingers !
Answered by prasoon, 26 Sep '09 11:28 pm

(2)
 (0)
7.

My favourite dish is omellete, i preapre it better than my better half. receipe is as under.
Cut a small onion in to small pieces. Cut one or two green chillies in snall pieces. (as per taste)
smash two egg and add pieces of onions and chilles and salt to taste, stirr it well and make homogeneous mixture. Put frying pan on the gasstove and put a spoon of butter in to it. when butter melt add above mixture to it anf fry from both the side. If u like u can have it as it is or u can serve with fried bread slices.

Let me know how do u find this receipie.
Answered by Tushar Kher, 27 Sep '09 03:35 pm

(3)
 (0)
8.

Russian salad is my favorite:
Ingredients:
2 Boiled potatoes
2 Apples
2 Cups boiled chicken
1 Cup boiled beans
1 Cup cream
1 Cup yoghurt
1 Cup Mayonnaise
Answered by MajorVLoganathan, 26 Sep '09 05:06 pm

(3)
 (0)
9.

Gemji, I am a good manager, I can get the things done.instead of doing myself. So Name your menu.I will get it done within stipulated time with Good quality..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Answered by hitler, 26 Sep '09 07:16 pm

(2)
 (1)
10.

Oh Gem, now you have put me in a bind. That which was known to a few only, I have to declare it in public. I don't know ABCD of cooking. Why I never learnt, I never had to or to put it honestly never had the interest to learn even rudimentary cooking. In those early years, there was no way I could even go anywhere near the place because it was out of bounds for us. Then from the time I got a job, whereever I went or whereever I stayed, hot food was always waiting. And then when I got married, from being an ordinary at it, my wife learned pretty fast that she could try her hand at everything. Even when she was not there with me for short breaks, the same facility of instant food anywhere one walked in continued.

Answered by Omega, 26 Sep '09 05:54 pm

(2)
 (0)

Q.

Aisa kaun sa member hai bhala????????? and koi aise hi kisi pe itna bharosa karke kaise itni badi amt tfr kar sakta hai???/ and amt bank a/c me tfr ki..more

Answered by Latika