Q.

Do you have a passion for a particular hobby/activity, in which you can involve completely without getting tired or feeling bored, which gives you self-satisfaction, peace, freshness and happiness?

Asked by Muktha Radhakrishnan, 19 May '09 02:53 pm

1.

I have had several hobbies, In childhood I developed a flare for writing poems. Then I switched over to painting, then music, reading books, writing, then I got involved in my work, I tried to excel my self, and now my only hobby is net surfing. I come on QnA to relax.
Answered by Jack Johnson, 22 May '09 10:32 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

One is painting. painting is a passion though im not trained or good painter. i love doing it just like that and can involve like anything for hours and hours and once completed i feel so happy & fresh. second is listening. if its of useful by any means to other person i feel gratified. third is creating abstract designs using photoshop. four is reading. five is gaming. :)
Answered by Kalyani, 19 May '09 04:08 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

I am passionate about four things:
1) Music:- People who know even a little about me know how much I love music. And what kind of music I really enjoy. Each song I chose to listen or sing reflects my feelings about my people and my optimism about any particular situation. It runs deep under my veins.
2) Literature:- Literature is one thing and only one thing to me, the discovery of the goodness and the blessedness. The discovery of the beauty inside anything which is just the discovery of the truth.
3) My Writings:- I know that I cannot write beautifully but still I never resisted myself from writing for just one reason - I love doing so. I write prose as well as poetry. The prose I write are mostly self-explanatory....... a real test for my perceptional ability. The poems are basically about my inmost feelings, the matters related with the deepest part of my heart. They are all about my love, my fears, my insecurities, my willingness, my dreams and my hopes. My writings are the ...more
Answered by prashant sharma, 19 May '09 08:39 pm

(7)
 (2)
4.

Whatever we strive to do in life, becomes meaningless and the consistent drive that we look for to sustain it would dissipitate if we don't have that overiding passion to pursue it, whatever it may. This I believe and follow it as my underlying principle in whatever I can do. And whereever, I feel if I cannot put that passion, I would not pursue it any more. So too with hobbies, activities and anything that I do.

Like every one else, I too have / had some hobbies & activities for which I had / have a passion.

The earliest one was Philately, something that I started at the age of 10 and carried on for 12 years, and which I couldn't pursue because of the restraining factors of unviability of continuing with any serious sense of interest. But I have all the collection of stamps neatly indexed and preserved, some of them rare ones that one may not have even come across, like the exotic stamps of the Island of Tonga. Every time I take them out and go through the albums it does bring ...more
Answered by Omega, 20 May '09 04:31 pm

(4)
 (0)
5.

Hi Muktha,a very beautiful question as it is concerned with our extra activities which gives us satisfaction ,peace freashness and happines.yes, I do have interest in various activities which give me immence pleasure and unlimited haapiness.My interests are
Gardening:.I love plants a lot.I am not interested in growing small plants in pots where as my interest is in variety of plants of different hybrid.Every season during holidays ,I go to nurseries and buy a good number of plants.I also have a small land scape.I am even planning to have a spice garden where I wish to grow variety of Indian spices and vegetables ,too.You know,in the morning it is very refreshing to see new flowers blooming and butterflies and bees moving around between the flowers in the garden.
Answered by Rachana, 19 May '09 06:47 pm

(2)
 (1)
6.

Music, interacting with friends, biking, LEARNING and cooking.
Answered by rajneesh Rediff, 20 May '09 10:53 pm

(2)
 (0)
7.

I have a few hobbies and leisure time activities.....but one thing that always cheers me up no matter what is music - listening and singing..I have music playing in the background almost 24/7 .

Apart from music...books are my fav. companion and like mitali i was also addicted to the internet...Q&A was my favorite hobby when i started off here almost 2 and half years back...I wud stay here for hours together... but now hv kept it to bare minimum...because i dont want the virtual life taking over my real life too....

i also dabble a bit in artificial jewellery ...I make trinkets and chains and stuff for my dot, family and friends. It pleases me when they wear my creation :)
Answered by sumitha, 19 May '09 06:46 pm

(1)
 (2)
8.

For me it is the internet for the past two years. I never get tired of it and so my free time is spent here only. You can say that I am addicted to the net these days. This marvel of communication has made my social life too as I have met so many wonderful people here especially on rediff Q&A who have gone to become my friends for real. I hate going out to parties and so don't have much of a social life outside my official circle and a few close relatives. I can enjoy life from the comfort of my home here on the net.
Answered by Mitali Choudhury, 19 May '09 04:24 pm

(1)
 (2)
9.

Whenever I take up something I got mad with that hobby.
I live with that hobby to the core for some months or years.
Then I leave it.]
Reading books----writing letters to the editor and small jokes to magazines,
Growing flower plants,Hering all types of Music
Day trading,Home remodelling,
Viewing movies in theatre,Internet browsing,Etc are my past hobbies.
and now this REDIFF Q&A.
That all gives me self-satisfaction, peace, freshness and happiness for the time being...!!!
But for my wife all those things makes???
Answered by anantharaman, 22 May '09 04:24 am

(1)
 (0)
10.

Writing poems for my love is my passion. It is not my hobby it is my passion :)). usually one poem/ kavita i rt daily for her.
another passion or mazboori - is long drive . usually i drive about 5000 miles in a month, and speed 100/110 miles/ hr means 160-180 km/hr. I love my car and its ride.
in earlier days ( when i was kid ) hmm abhi buda nahi lol
collecting coins, match box, and stamps used to be my hobby. I also do skating , tracking, rock climbing etc. but all these were in past. now a days. only lost in my poems :)).

will comeup with a poem if mood allows hehehe
Answered by Ashish jain, 22 May '09 01:16 am

(1)
 (0)

Q.

Here is the information on Sri Lankan Government.Government Democratic Socialist Republic - President Mahinda Rajapaksa - Prime Minister Ratnas..more

Answered by Anvin Raj