Using your phone's internet browser
go to:
Click and drag this link to
the Home icon in your browser.


I am residing in UAE since 17.10.2008 on residence visa.

I was working in India till 10.09.2008 and have the form 16 for the same.

Thereafter, I was idle in India till 17.10.08
I arrived at UAE on 17.10.08 and my employment in UAE firm starts from 19.10.08 to till date

Salary is the only source of my income.
Request you to please advise if my foreign income needs to be declared in the ITR-1 form when filing my returns for the FY' 08-09

Best Regards,
Ramesh Maganahalli

Asked by Ramesh Maganahalli, 06 Jul '09 04:26 pm
  Invite a friend  |  
  Save  |  
 Earn 10 points for answering
Answer this question  Earn 10 points for answering    
4000 characters remaining  
Keep me signed inNew User? Sign up

Answers (1)


You will be NRI, if you stay for 90 days minimum outside India. In this case it is less than 90 days. Your UAE income must be taxable if you show in your returns.
Answered by Chinna, 06 Jul '09 04:35 pm

Report abuse
Not Useful
Your vote on this answer has already been received

Ask a Question

Get answers from the community

600 characters remaining

Related Answer


14-15. dont befool yourself, ispat has posted a net loss of 49 crores for fy 08-09..more

Answered by Rajneesh