Q.

"Mona Lisa, La Gioconda (La Joconde), is a 16th-century oil painting on popular wood by Leonardo da Vinci, and is arguably d most famous painting in the world." My friend says so! But I don't really see anything special about this painting. I don't know why people have been given so much value to this picture. If you concentrate on the picture, there is nothing to be discussed about and it's really unpleasant for eyes to see her without eyebrows. The only thing is, this is d first oil painted picture as I believe. Maybe those who love art a lot really see something in it. What d

Tags: relationships, education, entertainment
Asked by sumati gayki, 09 Apr '10 11:01 am

1.

Exactly i was thinking in the same line with all the due esepct to the gr8 painter i think the smile of madhubala and madhuri is more attractive than monalisa for whcih she is famous
Answered by krish, 09 Apr '10 05:50 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

Have you seen the paintings of m f hussein, especially the nude painting of goddess saraswati. The painting is worst than what a school student can draw yet it will sell for lakhs if not crores. When it comes to collection of artwork, it is more of a pride than the art. I have seen a few paintings drawn inside tiny snuff bottles by chinese artists. Its extremely difficult to paint the inside of a bottle. Some of the paintings can be compared with the paintings of Raja Rai Verma yet these chinese artists never came into lime light.
Answered by manoj thakur, 09 Apr '10 12:49 pm

(2)
 (0)
3.

I value Raja Ravi Varma'a painting much much more then painting by Leonardo da Vinci
Answered by SREENIVAS, 13 May '10 12:00 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

Deep and emotional concepts lie behind Mona Lisa painting . Mona Lisa is deemed to be daughter of Jesus born through Mary Magdalene . Mary Magdalene herself was running for her life and was living a solitary life for decades and she was most trusted spiritual companion of Jesus as said by himself .Many miracles were attributed to her . In these context it no wonder why Mona Lisa painting became famous . Da Vinci was also a greatest artist , scientist of his times and possessed this painting till his death .When Mona Lisa was x-rayed many changes and revisions were shown in several layers and that may explain Dil se's observations .The Smile of Mona Lisa is said to be more divine than human .Sigmund Freud thought that the smile may be of Da Vinci's mother .Some attribute the painting as masculine .Whatever may be the theory , Da Vinci's creative genius is so tantalizing that is hard to resist .
Answered by RAMASWAMY VENKATESH, 20 Apr '10 02:27 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

In that sense if you look at and dissect all the great things of the world , you will find myriads of defects in them to mar their greatness in reality.We are told so many things about the beauty of our own TAJMAHAL , to be frank enough with you ,it did not at all impress me even in the fool moon night in my maiden visit to her .I heard so many things about the river Sipra but when I saw the river I got a shake of mind as it was now almost a canal !
Yet dear mam,the greatness ,fineness, vastness and the legacy of past these great works carry can never be any way overlooked or done away with. They are in fact unwritten history which needs to be read in between the lines , seen with the mind rather than the eyes ,felt with the soul than the touch of fingers --and --and --Monalisa is

Answered by HARIJIBAN BANERJEE, 16 Apr '10 04:11 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

The majority of those whom profess to be connoiseurs of art...are humbugs...who show off their knowledge and would bow and stoop before any painter...who is recognised.
I agree with you that the painting has nothing which could elicit my admiration...in fact the paintings of M F Hussain...of horses or nude Goddesses is down right crass...but is sold only for value.
Go to the J J School of Fine arts....the Calcutta School of Fine Arts...and see for yourselves what these budding painters are drawing...they are so beautiful...it will take your breath away.
But even amongst them are some who crave to make a name like Picasso and Leonardo...in the name of modern art...and what they are awarded for is downright trash.
However after saying all this...I believe that beauty lise in the eyes of the beholder...and maybe my eyes are too simplistic to admire hidden beauty !
Answered by prasoon, 15 Apr '10 10:36 am

(1)
 (0)
7.

Leonardo is famous for his realistic paintings, such as the Mona Lisa and The Last Supper. He conceived of ideas vastly ahead of his own time. The special thing about Mona Lisa is that from far distance the painting actually tries to attract yousome kind of attraction, which you can explainand on moving closeryou actually observe that the lady is trying to repel. She has a mixed emotions, she could be crying or smiling. Two things are special about Mona Lisa painting: Her lips movement and her eyes seem to be moving, when you focus the painting and move across. These things I came to know through reading from websitesBut I couldnt find anything other than a still picture, when I see Mona Lisa...How come...?
Answered by Dil Se, 11 Apr '10 11:07 am

(1)
 (0)
8.

Different people, different views......................the smile of Mona Lisa is cute...................and thats what i like in the pic..................many may like or not like it....................and many times, people go with the crowd..............that means if one group likes it, others may say that they too like it...............
Answered by Kalyani Sawant, 10 Apr '10 09:02 am

(1)
 (0)
9.

It is not in words,in the way u look at it with culture and love of arts.
Answered by sangeetha, 09 Apr '10 05:35 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

Mam You are now living in 21th century, donot compare situation at that time, In my opinion,It shows progress rate of france at that time ,Till today ,we donot have painters who can instantly draw some skethes like this ,?
Answered by vilas manohar deshpande, 09 Apr '10 02:54 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

Meteorites are pieces of other bodies in our solar system that make it to the ground when a meteor or "shooting star" flashes through our atmosphere a..more

Answered by jakir hussain