Why Jabir ibn Hayyan (Geber), is considered as the father of chemistry, for what discoveries and inventions ?
Perhaps Jabir's major practical achievement was the discovery of mineral and others acids, which he prepared for the first time in his alembi ...more
Some of his discoveries in chemistry :
- Discovered "caustic soda" or Gatron
- First to evoke water gold.
- First to introduce the method of separation of (NaOH)
- First to discover nitric acid.
- First to discover hydrochloric acid .
- First to retrieve the sulfuric acid and termed it Alzaj oil .
- Introduced improvements to the evaporation methods of liquidation, distillation, fusion and crystallization . ...more
Early forms of distillation were known to the Babylonians, Greeks and Egyptians since ancient times, but it was Muslim chemists who first invented pure distillation processes which could fully purify chemical substances. They also developed several different variations of distillation (such as dry distillation, destructive distillation and steam distillation) and introduced new distillation aparatus (such as the alembic, still, and retort), and invented a variety of new chemical processes and over two thousand chemical substances.