Can you please provide the outlines of 2008-2009 budget ?
* Total plan spending in 2008/09 seen at 2.4 trillion rupees ($60.3 billion). Non-plan spending seen at 5.07 trillion rupees.
* Government to waive debts of small farmers. The total cost of the farm debt waiver scheme will be 600 billion rupees.
* Fiscal deficit in 2008/09 seen at 2.5 percent of GDP compared to 3.1 percent of GDP in the previous year.
* Revenue deficit seen at 1 percent of GDP in 2008/09 compared to 1.4 percent of GDP the previous year.
* Government confident of GDP growth of 8.8 percent in 2007/08.
* Keeping inflation under check is a cornerstone of government policy. There is pressure on domestic prices from food articles.
* "Keeping inflation under check is one of the cornerstones of our policies".
* "There is pressure on domestic prices, especially the prices of food articles. Management of the supply side of food articles will be the most crucial ...more
More growth will earn FM more revenue to implement his schemes in the social sector.