Q.

How did you come to QnA for the first time? Do you remember your first question/answer and the first person who became your good friend here?

Tags: money, relationships, education
Asked by Muktha Radhakrishnan, 22 Sep '09 02:26 pm

1.

Following my first visit to India various people I met gave me their email addresses and I noticed that they all ended with rediffmail.com. I had never heard of Rediffmail, so I Googled it and the Rediff Home page came on my screen. Noting that Rediff operated worldwide I thought I would create my own Rediff email address which may be useful for me when travelling and not able to use my own domain. After that I looked at the Rediff home page, which at that time was cluttered with all sorts of things including a Question for the Day. On that day the question caught my eye sufficiently to stir me into typing an answer and pressing submit. Then before I knew it I received an email from Rediff asking me to create a user name. All that was in March 2007. My first question was "Where in Kerela can I purchase an Alavattom for decorative purposes in an English home?" I only received 2 answers, neither of which was helpful. I am still in touch with the same people who befriended me at ...more
Answered by Janis, 23 Sep '09 11:31 pm

(3)
 (0)
2.

Out of curiosity ny clicking a link on the rediffmail main page.

Yes, my one and only question was related to the point system and later I asked them to remove that.

I don't remember my first answer and the first person who became my friend etc. but I welcome all as my friends.

Blessings to you.
Answered by Venkateswaraswamy Swarna, 29 Dec '09 07:44 am

(1)
 (0)
3.

I think it was july/august 2007. I was on yahoo answers before that. I had this account for nearly 8/9 years then. I used to be quite a restless soul then and would search net for hours at a stretch for something interesting.

Once I noticed a question and answered. I really don't remember either my first question or my first answer but my first BA was to a weird question "bhootni kahaan milegi?" and my reply was "parliament mein"... Next day I saw a notification in my mailbox "your answer has been adjudged the Best Answer by ..." I clicked that link and started answering more questions and asking more questions.

Initially wouldn't even understand that I had "my page" also. Used to go to the QnA page and answer any question of my choice and ask any question that would come in my mind.

Answered by rajneesh Rediff, 24 Sep '09 11:13 pm

(4)
 (0)
4.

I landed up here by accident on the 6th of July 2007. Those days, there used to be a link on the Rediff Mail Page, which I accidentally clicked taking me to this page. Had a look around, found it interesting as apart from being a partial Social Network Forum, it was more of a Qn & Answer Forum. Spend a whole day going through the Qns, Answers and the interactions people had on such answers. What a lively discussion those were, un-inhibited, un-restrained free flow of thoughts, free for all but never with any rancour, always spirited, some times even when they spun out of control, people on their own came & sorted it out. There was such bonhomie there that each one understood the other perfectly well to leave any traces of ill will at any stage. That was what I found and that is what enticed me to be a part of this group.

Answered by Omega, 23 Sep '09 10:22 pm

(4)
 (0)
5.

I had my private email account on rediff. Once, while logging out from rediff, I noticed some question regarding pregnancy testing. During those days, they used to flash some question on the homepage. I replied the question and then there I was in this world of QNA. Then I browsed and found few interesting Qs and replied to them. My first friend on QNA was Mr. S.K. Mutreja. I guess that he is not active anymore. Then my friendship grew with Cocktail Raj and Pooja Batra. Then with "id blockage problem", many people came together and I found more friends like Mitali Choudhury, Minticool, Hitler (Thiagrajan Ashwin), Minati Vishwakarma, Gem Mina, Omega, Peekayji etc. Now, when I look back, it seems long time ago - three years back all this fight was. Well, time passed by and slowly I came out of HoF. I basically reduced my activities few times on QNA, not because of any id blockage problem or any fight. I have wrong keyboard skills and I start getting swelling on the back of the palm, due ...more
Answered by manish varma, 23 Sep '09 10:09 am

(4)
 (0)
6.

It was the 29th of April,2007, the day after Australia won the Cricket World Cup.I was busy with watching cricket matches for about one and a half months. So I was feeling bored after lunch on that Sunday afternoon and logged in to pass the time.When I logged in to rediffmail my glance fell on the icon 'rediff Q&A'. Out of curiosity I clicked on that icon and signed up. The questions and answers seemed interesting. My children were also with me. My son told me to ask a question. My first question was, 'Why do Australia always with the World Cup?' I was thrilled when I received answers to my question.Then I answered a couple of questions too.I don't remember my first answer at this moment. I forgot about it and after that logged in for a while only on Sundays. As for the message board I had few interactions and only answered a few queries asked there. I neither voted nor commented. For six months it went on like this except that my interest increased and some names became familiar.I mad ...more
Answered by Mitali Choudhury, 22 Sep '09 04:34 pm

(4)
 (0)
7.

Muktha,Listen my friend,

Once ,I got bored, I happened to see a Road,
It was to a Special Zone,Where I found, people Unknown.
I said to them a 'Hi', They greeted me with Joy.
The Forum became ,known to me,The boring never came to me.
I slowly became part of it, With friends, I shared the fun of it.
Knowledge and thoughts are shared here,I realised ,Life can be enjoyed her,
But ,Fried,I dont remember the 1st.Q ,also not the 1st .A.
As I got enchanted with the very Magic of every ,Q and A.
Answered by Rachana, 22 Sep '09 04:02 pm

(3)
 (0)
8.

Kismat kharab thi, ek din QNA par nazar pad gayi.
No I donot remember my first question.
My first friend in this forum was Pooja Batra.
Answered by ankit shivam, 22 Sep '09 02:27 pm

(3)
 (0)
9.

In 2007 i joined qna.. I dont remember month n date hitler was my friend tht time. (Still now he is) then slowly I got more friends and it was a gud time here
Answered by madhavi, 29 Dec '09 08:27 am

(2)
 (0)
10.

Well, it was long ago...almost 3 years now. I had rediffmail for a very long time though i seldom used it., i used to visit the home page every now and then...One feb day in 2007, I glanced at this Q that popped on the main page..dont remember the q now., entered the forum and spent couple days browsing it., without asking or answering any Q. I found this place was interesting as i was learning different perspectives to any issue. Then i answered a Q and also ventured a Q abt careers for a friend for which i didnt receive any good response. That didnt deter me and rest as they say is history. Now it has become an integral part of me.

Answered by sumitha, 26 Sep '09 08:32 pm

(2)
 (0)