Q.

Why doctors handwriting is not eligible? we know , a doctor is not an artist to write beautifully but he can write the name of the medicines in bold letters to avoid confusion. Is not it ? name of the prescribed medicine should be written very clearly so that patient or consumer can read well before it reaches the medicine dealer . Doctors complicated handwriting is helping the dealers to sell duplicate medicine in market .... How can these be stopped ?

Asked by joyesh chakraborty, 14 Mar '09 01:42 pm

1.

I too could never fathom why doctor's have such lousy handwriting. My parent used to say that a doctor's handwriting can only be understood by a chemist.
Answered by joyoti sen, 14 Mar '09 07:02 pm

(2)
 (2)
2.

Joyeshji, Pl. clear it first that ,is your qustion is refering to ALL DOCTORS ???
( I mean all clinical practitioner ? , coz Pathologist....Radiologist.....have nothing for manual writtings !! )
Answered by drdinesh sharma, 18 Mar '09 01:10 am

(0)
 (0)

3.

The mistake is from 3 sides
Doctors who forgets that The body is a sanctuary, the doctors is a priest
Patient There is no curing a sick man who believes himself in health
And of course Govt. which thinks We all labour against our own cure, for death is the cure for all diseases.

The medicine field is very different from all other, the negligence of patients, forgotten ethics of Doctors and murky business associated with Pharmaceutical industries with govt. and doctors has led to such situation.
We will devide the question into 3 parts
1. Illegible handwriting.
2. Duplication of medicine.
Answered by mukund, 16 Mar '09 03:41 pm

(1)
 (1)
4.

It can be stopped if No medicines will be sold without doctor's prescription. Otherwise everybody will purchase the medicines without consulting Doctor. I like to write clear hand writing in my prescription as i feel it is beneficial to everybody.
I do it to save the cost of my company as we are giving free consultation & free medicines to local people of our premises.
Answered by Anjan Talukdar, 14 Mar '09 04:37 pm

(3)
 (1)
5.

Quite easy.

Most of those wierd latin names used in medical lingo requires spellings that would drive a normal human being insane- yet medical college professors get a bit nazi about spelling. So, most medical students just sort of "blur" the handwriting to cover up for spelling errors, and that trend continues as a habit :)
Answered by A Moin, 15 Mar '09 07:29 pm

(3)
 (0)
6.

Yes i agree with you , most of the times handwriting is not properly readable at all, actually i think they r in a hurry to write the prescription so we must check nd confirm the medicine's name from the doc as well as chemist
Answered by suparna, 14 Mar '09 03:01 pm

(2)
 (1)
7.

Most of the chemists' shops understand the writing of doctors as they deal with those prescriptions that are written by docotors in the vicinity although it is a fact that even though otherwise their handwriting is good when it comes to writing a prescription they go for this style probably they consider illegible writing to be an added qualification of an experienced doctor.
Answered by gem mina, 14 Mar '09 02:08 pm

(2)
 (1)
8.

I agree with you 100%. They themselves create confusion so that the customer buys the medician from his medical store only.
Answered by ankit shivam, 14 Mar '09 01:43 pm

(2)
 (1)
9.

Sir, this is one of the best questions ever I came across,
In India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri lanka the medical staff
Work under a mafia. It is called medical mafia any one want to make money they have to be member of their group this groups does not have written membership or printed rules and regulations.Earlier in thirties and fourtis two films were made Roti and Platform later Manoj Kumar made Roti Kapda Aur makan it clearly gives an idea how this mafia works.

One of doctor was my close friend I have asked him to work in India and have small hospital so, that time I had some investors with me. He took a week and replied like this. He said with taking my name because we were associated each other for a long period he said " I have worked for Indian govt Hospital then UK Govt Hospital Now I am working For Saudi Govt Hospital I never took a single penny from any patient so it is difficult for me to fall in this field and go through all this mafia." Now he is working for UAE G ...more
Answered by Ali Mohammad sheikh, 15 Mar '09 12:09 pm

(2)
 (0)
10.

U r rite sir.ds is d reality but if u vll notice properly,smtimes docs write d medicine in code wrds so dat v can buy medicine 4m deir chemists only.ds is simply deir way of making more money 4m d customers. ds practice must b abated. v can write letter to d health officer. v must take an intiative in ds direction.
Answered by shilpa, 14 Mar '09 07:18 pm

(2)
 (0)

Q.

I love shopping at Shoppers Stop as they are giving some amazing offers on Winter Wear and Diamond Dreams..more

Answered by Prerna