Q.

Q&A Puzzles : The generation gap between old and new members here turning ugly. Both group seems to be hostile to each other.
Shall the management amend some clauses as code of conduct, to this ?

Tags: generation gap, puzzles, turning ugly
Asked by Prakash Chandra, 14 Jun '10 04:27 pm

1.

First up .... I personally never witnessed anything like ugly between members off late .... (or maybe i didnt wanted to see) .... but if there is such a case .... then let the management have a seperate forum for the seniors (as i see the demands here) .... as far as its about people i have known .... all of them .... right back since 3 years .... never ever anyone looked like a victim of generation gap! .... seniors have gelled along nicely with the youngsters over the years .... the mixture of experience and youth has helped the forum carry itself for so long ....
all said and done, people who know me understand dat m hardly into all this .... just not bothered .... for once i enjoyed the liberty of having the biggest friend group on the forum .... friends of all ages .... and barring a couple or more (who didnt liked me) .... it has been a pleasant journer over all .... no complaints with the past .... and wont have any complaints with whatever qna has to offer in the future!
Answered by Cartoon Network, 17 Jun '10 10:44 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

It would be better if the management had 2 Q and As - one for the under 40s and one for the 40 plus.. all problems of generation gap will be solved. I would welcome that.
Answered by joyoti sen, 14 Jun '10 10:19 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

Bully with the new comer is very Natural every where.. Let new member be patient and learn from the Old.. this will create harmony and belongingness. And also it is responsiblity of the Old members to make the new members comfortable.. every relationship need both side participation..
Answered by Sharmila Bose, 15 Jun '10 06:50 pm

(0)
 (0)

4.

I feel the so called hostility, is not due to age gap. It is due to the cultural gap or education gap. I am not a young stud. But I never felt like I am being insulted. But I see also some nasty old blokes including ladies. I don't know what originality these older people have, but they appear to unjustifiably hope that there would be some reserved quota of respect for them because their age. On one hand they worship the west for being recognizing only quality/ merit, on the other hand they are in need of benefits of much hated gerontocracy practised in India. This old blokes including ladies, if they need some reserve forest for their safety, that indicates their lack of confidence, knowledge and personality. If the young studs are not behaving properly, the remedy should be known to the older people. Look at the Police force. Is there any system that older police will look after the older people and younger police will take on the younger people? In the competitive fields, is there a ...more
Answered by soumyen sarkar, 15 Jun '10 08:30 am

(1)
 (0)
5.

Although me being a long time member , but not put hands much on the activities here, have always looked for probable solutions for my real time queries . Long back , when i was utterly troubled n in confusion,that i was guided right by a couple of very honorable senior members here, out of which one is missing now.There r senior members who still help n guide others in all possible way.
Things get ugly even with contemporaries. And when the generation gap in picture, its even more coz, certain non deliberate gestures,words, certain intimacy can be mistaken by the other leading to not so good terms which turn ugly later...But, guess the senior members all here are of high caliber in maturity & must initiate, to correct things going wrong, in this one big fly.
When the solution is here, why call the management..
Answered by Anu, 15 Jun '10 11:21 am

(1)
 (2)
6.

Let this forum be a cross section of the entire section of the community without any age or class barriers. What is essential is to create a sense of harmony among all. Of course the senior members have a major role to play towards this. If they set the trend here for the youngsters to emulate certainly that will go a long way to overcome this problem.
Answered by Good Citizen, 20 Jun '10 11:47 am

(1)
 (0)
7.

I think,old or new is not the problem, peoples ego and presenting a question or answer should
be in decent manner and limit should not cross,so that non of the senior or junior feel bad or hurt,if we all keep this in mind,then there ownt be any problem.
Answered by Subhadra Banerjee, 19 Jun '10 10:21 am

(1)
 (0)
8.

Humm ----- I am bringing them closer -- I am Freshie but Consider venkateshwarswamy swarna as my Guru ----- There is no gap ----
Answered by qnaite, 19 Jun '10 12:20 am

(1)
 (0)
9.

Well,that is in our blood. When talking with a young person, elders always think him to be a silly fellow. And similarly the young boys and girls always think that the oldies cannot understand their problems. This habit of thinking is naturally expressed somewhere in the forum too. And what is wrong in it? I dont think it is turning ugly.. As long as the young respect the elders, it cant become ugly. I hope so..
Answered by subhash, 17 Jun '10 04:03 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

For those who are Blessed, it's real Good QNA time to hide something so easily, Thanks to Generation GAP.
QNA has made many of the OLDER members Very YOUNGER, thanks to the zeal to live a fuller life.
I, therefore, woun't ever really know who is really SWEET SIXTEEN here. Moreover, Why sud I curtail my quota of amusement by engaging in discovery of that OLDIE / Mr. ENERGETI(c) / Mrs. SIXTY ....
Answered by bharati sharma, 17 Jun '10 01:59 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

Electrospray ionization, a technique used for mass spectrometryEuropean Software Institute, a non-profit foundation launched as an initiative of the E..more

Answered by Pardeep kapoor