Q.

What is the definition of good parenting?

Tags: education, good parenting
Asked by Damodar Biswal, 10 Apr 06:05 pm

1.

Creating for a child a stable, nurturing home environment, is a positive role model, and plays a positive and active part in a childs life.
Answered by Anil K Chugh, 10 Apr 06:17 pm

(0)
 (0)
2.

The job entitles you to do anything you see fit except for abuse. Good parenting is figuring out how to help shape a little child into a productive member of society. One that is happy with themselves and has respect for others as well. As a parent you have to be creative in acknowledging accomplishments and in punishing. I spank sparingly because I have discovered so many other things that work better. When my oldest child said she didn't ever want to talk to her younger sister again. I stepped into the argument and said "fine don't." I would not let her say anything to her baby sister for the rest of the day. It drove my oldest crazy because she loves to play with her sister. My youngest was amazing with chores last week even doing things she doesn't have to, just because they needed to get done. When it came time for the big cleaning day she didn't have to do anything because she had worked so hard all week. I try to make sure they are happy and know what respect is. In return they ...more
Answered by Mickey, 12 Apr 10:45 am

(0)
 (0)
3.

Being a parent, still confused about what exactly is parenting let alone good parenting, , let me just copy what Abraham Lincoln wrote to his son's teacher. This has always struck a chord with the parent in me. "My son will have to learn I know that all men are not just, all men are not true. But teach him also that for ever scoundrel there is a hero; that for every selfish politician, there is a dedicated leader. Teach him that for every enemy there is a friend.It will take time, I know; but teach him, if you can, that a dollar earned is far more valuable than five found.Teach him to learn to lose and also to enjoy winning.Steer him away from envy, if you can.Teach him the secret of quite laughter. Let him learn early that the bullies are the easiest to tick.Teach him, if you can, the wonder of books.. but also give him quiet time to ponder over the eternal mystery of birds in the sky, bees in the sun, and flowers on a green hill side.In school teach him it is far more honourable ...more
Answered by Somebodysomewhere, 11 Apr 05:28 am

(0)
 (0)
4.

There's no single definition or universally acknowledged standard of 'good parenting'. Different children may need different levels of attention, love, guidance and toughness. However, certain basic rules must be followed to ensure happiness, comfort, security and success of the child grow up into a good human being. Give them love by not giving everything they want, but by giving what they really need. Let them become whatever they want to be by using their aptitude n potentials, you shouldn't impose your liking or wish on them. Let them behave like children in a childlike way, when they grow up, they'll behave like grownups...there's no hurry. Create a conducive atmosphere at home through love, warmth and peace for your children...be gentle, affectionate n loving while dealing with them. Remember, the children are always prone to imitate their parents in their behavior. Don't try to boss over your children n demand respect.....try to be friendly with them, so that they feel free to ...more
Answered by aruna v, 11 Apr 12:08 am

(0)
 (0)
5.

Good parenting happens when a person creates for a child a stable, nurturing home environment, is a positive role model, and plays a positive and active part in a childs life. Good parents provide moral and spiritual guidance, set limits, and provide consequences for a childs behavior. Good parents accept responsibility for the total development of the child and guide the child in making sound, healthy, life decisions through open communication and mutual respect.
Answered by vedprakash sharma, 10 Apr 11:24 pm

(0)
 (0)
6.

WELL parents who can make their children aware of what is good and what is bad....and how to lead a life with basic values of life are quite a good parents......:-)
Answered by Bhuvana, 10 Apr 10:43 pm

(0)
 (0)
7.

Those parents, who nurture their wards with moral, ethical and core values of life as well as educating them to develop caring, sharing and loving attitude, have done some hard-work on good parenting, I suppose....!
Answered by Dil Se, 10 Apr 07:25 pm

(0)
 (0)
8.

When parents understand their children well and children feel free to express before them things they are uncertain about!
Answered by tanuja, 10 Apr 07:19 pm

(0)
 (0)
9.

Treat your kid like a darling for the first five years. For the next five years, scold them. By the time they turn sixteen, treat them like a friend. Your grown up children are your best friends. - Chanakya
Answered by tragedy king, 10 Apr 06:28 pm

(0)
 (0)
10.

If you give the child a fish he will eat for one day
if you teach him to fish he will never be hungry
teaching him to use his talent
Answered by ajit kulkarni, 10 Apr 06:27 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

You can't put a number on itbut life definitely changes after kids grow up and move out.Parents get more freedom and it's another good phase of life w..more

Answered by proud mom