Q.

I feel affection at times needs demonstration...subtleness can be very hollow too,if is persistent under all circumstances.What do you feel about it?

Asked by shintsie, 19 Feb '09 10:39 am

1.

Yes affection does need deonstration at times to reassure our feelings for someone. When we feel weak and down in the dumps if someone demonstrates his/her feelings for us in a more vocal manner or gives us close hugs and embraces we feel better and more positive. During such times silence may fail to convey true feelings.
Answered by Mitali Choudhury, 19 Feb '09 01:39 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

VERRRRRRRY true, Shintsie....i have experienced this myself and learnt things the hard way. As a child i RARELY demonstrated affection physically or verbally giving most people the impression that i am a cold person (which i really was NOT) . Then came along my sister who not only filled our world with hugs and loud proclamations but also DEMANDED the same from others at the drop of a hat....this helped me open up and ALSO realise HOW MUCH MORE people took to me afetr i changed my gestures and words....NOW i'm at that envible state where i give and receive demonstartions of love and ALSO understand those who shy away from such displays.
Answered by Lion Heart, 19 Feb '09 11:29 am

(3)
 (0)
3.

Affection not at times but at all times needs to be demonstrated. We often hear this jargon of 'oh how I remember you but somehow I never get the time to call you But dont worry you are always in my thoughts' And this goes on for years ! I keep such people at bay because I feel they are worse than strangers.
Answered by gem mina, 19 Feb '09 07:06 pm

(2)
 (0)
4.

You are again so right!! Especially when we see that not every person has that 'soul connection' link with us even though they are very important to us. As a person, I never lacked this ability (with 2-3 exceptions, there may be some other kinda connection with these persons :D). Thanks to a very good family history of mine...... As I grow up, I marvel more every day at the love that enabled Papa to love mamma more and more when we were at Lucknow.As a boarding school student, I learned to show our concern and care towards our friends, that has been the most important lesson I learned and I regard it as the only good thing from that boring part of my life :))
Answered by prashant sharma, 19 Feb '09 12:10 pm

(2)
 (0)
5.

Why not? There are two different meaning to this noun namely Affection. Firstly one says `fond feeling`, whereas the second claims `diseased condition`. In both terms there is need of firm demonstration of some elements. However, the range of this question shows resolute boundary of fondness; I wish to cast my vote in favour of demonstration. From the very first ray of Sun on the Planet Earth, seeds of affection were disseminated in living tissues irrespective of genre. Animals, how much cruel they are, even predators, demonstrate affections in abundance for offspring by their own peculiar ways. Man certainly is not exception as his hormones carry these symptoms as born blessings. So he was not behind to demonstrate his affection for the wards at all times. May be there are different forms of showing affection, sometimes open, unreserved and yes, sometimes reserved too but that for a specific and obvious reason. For example, I remember, a senior scholar of Sanskrit, a grandfather of my ...more
Answered by Indra Pawar, 19 Feb '09 06:42 pm

(1)
 (1)
6.

Yeah affection needs demonstration. That is how all these florists, Tiffany's and Cartier are surviving. :-)
Answered by manish varma, 21 Feb '09 08:36 am

(1)
 (0)
7.

When the affection is deep, it becomes subtle. As regards Justice, it is said that Justice is not only done but it also should appear to be done. In a similar way, in the fast world of relationships, affection do need to be revealed at right times, as you feel.
Answered by sankaran subbiah, 20 Feb '09 07:21 am

(1)
 (0)
8.

Demonstration of affection is choice for any. But as you said the subtleness of the situation often makes you do it lest you will lose a relationship for the fear of having no affection on the partner.
Answered by SK. Abdul Mohammed Jafar Sadik Basha, 19 Feb '09 10:41 am

(1)
 (0)
9.

Even expression (demonstration) can be very hollow but somehow it actually works in the materialistic world as all of us materially oriented somewhere deep within.
Answered by shashi, 19 Feb '09 10:42 am

(0)
 (0)

Q.

The College of William & Mary in Virginia (colloquially known as The College of William & Mary, The College, William & Mary, or W&M) is a public resea..more

Answered by conviction