Q.

What hazards does one encounter sans an adventerous streak,while travelling on a difficult/rough terrain? How much of an adventure-seeker are you?

Asked by shintsie, 13 Jul '09 06:18 pm

1.

Mother nature can catch a unawares adventerous or otherwise. Even a simple trip in rock terrain or slush fields can give ya a chill in the spine. Our convoy was ambushed by wild elephants last month in my trip in the Western Ghats in Coorg. The wild beasts were capable enough to rock us down he steep cliffs. However they were kind enough to just pluck away the wipers and trumpet a stern warning. Neverheless the drive without the wipers during the monsoon was all the more dangerous with negative visibility. We did have enough and stopped by till the rain clouds subsided to make our way further. In the end an 8 hour journey surpassed to around 15hours. And me was not seeking an adventure but wanted to glimpse the natural rain forests of the Coorg. Neways I had my fare share of adventure.
Answered by Saj Sierra, 14 Jul '09 11:51 am

(1)
 (0)

2.

Hazards in d shape of impossible looking things filmed in d movies sometime or the other....I read a few months back , a group of people wid the help of great Indian Army visited siachen, being the first trip by any group of civilians...a video of the hazards they faced and dthrilling life time enjoyment each of them pocketed , can never be described in words...2 of them cudnt make it bcoz theu failed the tst conducted by doctors on fitness ground , and the return journey had to be carried out by opting for army helicopters due to rough weather...well, i wud like make a trip from manali to leh-ladakh-kargil-sonmarg-srinagar, if i get an opportuinty...a tough one as people say, but am ready tomake it ....its not a matter proving something...its ur own interest, which make u adveturous...thanks .
Answered by bijoy agarwala, 14 Jul '09 01:51 am

(1)
 (0)
3.

Shintz, how lovely to read a question of this quality from you because I do remember ours discussing (somewhere in March/April 2009) at length the importance of magazine like `National Geographic` and `Discovery`. I even know my mentioning adventure in my dream in the line of Sir Richard Burton (of `Arabian Nights`); and now here you are with this piece in your mind. I wonder whether you are planning to take an adventurous trip to North Pole to live among hundreds of thousand lovely beautiful penguins and sea lions. If thats the case, then best luck. Ok, in the line of your question > What hazards an adventurer usually encounters? I take this in two folds : One, your dream of adventure while traveling within the territory of India and Two Outside India. In first example you do not need any kind of specific medicine, as you can have them in plenty suitable for our environment. But if it is a rough terrain, all you need is fresh water, undiluted, pure, and sometimes it proves the foremo ...more
Answered by Indra Pawar, 14 Jul '09 12:59 pm

(2)
 (0)
4.

In hill expeditions you have a chance to lose your way to return. You are likely to slip and fall into a deep depth. In swimming in flooded rivers you are likely to be swept away. In swimming in seas you face the hardship to return to shore against the raising waves. These were all what I experienced in my younger days.
Answered by sankaran subbiah, 14 Jul '09 09:30 am

(2)
 (0)
5.

Hazards can be termed natural, man-made or as a combination. Combinations of objective and subjective hazards are referred to as cumulative hazards.

Subjective hazards are created by humans; for example, choice of route, companions, overexertion, dehydration, climbing above ones ability, and poor judgment. Objective hazards are caused by the mountain and weather and cannot be influenced by man; for example, storms, rockfalls, icefalls, lightning, and so on.

Weather conditions in the mountains may vary from one location to another as little as 10 kilometers apart. Approaching storms may be hard to spot if masked by local peaks. A clear, sunny day in July could turn into a snowstorm in less than an hour. Always pack some sort of emergency gear. Avalanches occur when the weight of accumulated snow on a slope exceeds the cohesive forces that hold the snow in place. Slope stability is the key factor in determining the avalanche danger.

Answered by Sudaru Bahar, 14 Jul '09 01:25 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

The best adventure has been --in first prof. when everybody feared dissection hall in day hours ---i used to walk to the adjacent corridor in night --and remained many hours there reading undisturbed ,,, nobody dared to come--- in those dark hours ,,,
----secondly once i feared exams for a change --and didn't want to appear in exams ---i fiegned a abdominal pain and persisted with it for 2 days ---Surgeon diagnosed appendicitis and operated ,,,came out with appendix --it could have burst anytime ----lol -----i still question -----how it happened ----appeared in exam n failed ----dad ---was red ------either books or get paid salary at our bookstore --------------i dared again ---last six months with studies ---if i do well ,,fine or life is urs ----
and then u remember Amitabh in Deewar -------race ka ghoda hai----jab daudna shuru karega to aaage nikalta hi chala jaayega ----hai na Shints ---thanks for giving a dare devil of opportunity to recall --
Answered by RAJESH, 13 Jul '09 09:41 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

Me not at all this type of adventure seeker
Answered by paresh ghoshal, 13 Jul '09 06:49 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

Nika Award is the name of the awards that is equivalent to the Oscar Awards of America. Nika Award was established in the year 1987 to fecilitate the ..more

Answered by Anvin Raj