Q.

In the Economic slowdown, I lost my job. My new employer does not provide group health insurance to its employees. Any help as how I should buy health insurance privately?

Tags: money, careers, health
Asked by Joey Huges, 07 Apr '10 06:17 pm

1.

I faced the same problem. I stuck to COBRA and I have around 7 more months to go before I will need to switch to a private insurance policy. I guess online platform should be a good choice. I will check www.hCentive.com and see what they have to offer. Thanks!
Answered by Shaun Mike, 12 Apr '10 02:12 pm

(0)
 (1)
2.

Well, as you mentioned that your new employer does not offer you group health insurance, it seems you had the policy with your earlier employer. One option is that you can continue the same policy for 18 months through COBRA; or pick up some online platforms that will give you a fair idea of plans available to you. One of my friends faced the same trouble. He tried http://www.hCentive.com and quickly landed on a good plan.
Answered by Alisha North, 12 Apr '10 02:05 pm

(0)
 (1)
3.

Shop around online and see if you can find a private insurance policy that provides you with the coverage you need but is less expensive than the premium you pay at work.
A good place to start is the website of policyx.com.
They helps you compare and save money on insurance.
By comparing, you can select the plan that offers best benefits at a reasonable premium.
Source: http://www.policyx.com/
Answered by Sameer Bhagwat, 27 Jan 02:35 pm

(0)
 (0)
4.

All you need to do is to decide how much cover would be required by you and then choose the features of the health plan. Its not necessary that the cheapest plan is always the best one. You need to find the plan that suits your requirement and then go ahead with the same. Critical Illness, pre and post hospitalization cover, accidental benefits are the features you would have to decide from.

To choose and compare the best Health insurance plan, please log onto http//:myinsuranceclub.com

Regards,
Rupanjali M
Answered by Rupanjali M, 07 Apr '10 10:49 pm

(0)
 (0)
5.

Joey, when I started reading your question I felt pity for you, but after reading the question fully I realized that despite the current situation you managed to get a new position. Congratulations!
Now your employer does not proivde health insurance, not to worry you can alwasy buy health insurance yourself depending on your needs - there are yearly, 2 year, 3 year and other options that you can try.
Dont choose something based on tax benefit.....choose the one which is cost effective and provides good coverage of insurance and has tie up with a large network of hospitals.
Also closely look at what is being covered. For example if you are commuting to office you may even consider taking accident cover or addition addon for the same.
Answered by NASAman, 07 Apr '10 06:36 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Advantages:', one.Left has been left out which would have put hurdles to economic reforms. two. The north east minister in the government is a good st..more

Answered by Mickey