Q.

What is Poverty ? did you think about it to solve ?

Tags: poverty, news & events, politics & government
Asked by uttam, 06 Dec '11 08:46 pm

1.

Poverty is the lack of a certain amount of material possessions or money.[1] Absolute poverty or destitution is inability to afford basic human needs, which commonly includes clean and fresh water, nutrition, health care, education, clothing and shelter. About 1.7 billion people are estimated to live in absolute poverty today. Relative poverty refers to lacking a usual or socially acceptable level of resources or income as compared with others within a society or country.[1] For most of history poverty had been mostly accepted as inevitable as traditional modes of production were insufficient to give an entire population a comfortable standard of living.[1][2] After the industrial revolution, mass production in factories made wealth increasingly more inexpensive and accessible. Of more importance is the modernization of agriculture, such as fertilizers, in order to provide enough yield to feed the population
Source: wiki//
Answered by LIPSIKA, 06 Dec '11 09:05 pm

(0)
 (0)
2.

People starve for want of food without money.

UNO itself finds it difficult to solve Ethiopian famine.

I can give something to have nots.Thats it.
Answered by anantharaman, 06 Dec '11 08:48 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

I and my family when I was a child has experienced poverty in many fields including food and clothing. Even then we, especially my mum used to forgo part of her comforts and help more poor in the neighbourhood. We all received bit of her nature and is thus happy to help a few around us to the extent possible. Certainly our prayer is for the total disappearance of poverty for humanity in respect of food and cloths.
Answered by Arakuzha Ramachandran, 07 Dec '11 08:02 am

(0)
 (0)
4.

Shortage of basic necessities like food,clothing and shelter.we all,directly or indirectly,or actively or silently are part of so many organisations to help those poor and needy.
Answered by magi, 06 Dec '11 08:53 pm

(0)
 (0)