Q.

0.000000.1 percent population of the country control 25 % of our GDP.Comment.

Tags: comment, gdp, percent population
Asked by Damodar Biswal, 16 Dec '09 10:41 am

1.

This is reflective in our budget. We are targeting high GDP growth rates but we are ignoring GINI factor altogether. A "balanced" growth plan is one like 5 percent GDP growth and a GINI target of .33 at least .35. Our GINI is in .45 (for GINI lower = better) .

When making the budget, our so called "Economic experts" say that ppl like me are illetrate idealistic common folk who don't understand the finer tools of economics, but I have not received a SINGLE answer to date from experts as to why only GDP is factored into growth instead of GDP and GINI, which gives u a clearer picture.

Trying to score GDP by ignoring GINI could mean a LOT of things. Damodar ji, I apologize for this example, but if u had a household income of 100,000 Rupees per month and 20 dependents on you, and your household GINI is at .30s range then I can tell that all members of ur home are taken care off OK. But if u have 100,000 Rupees a month and u have a household GINI of .45 plus like modern India, then it ...more
Answered by A Moin, 16 Dec '09 09:18 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

They r having 25% brain
Answered by dhanendra kumar jain, 16 Dec '09 10:52 am

(0)
 (0)
3.

Only 1% of a human's weight , that is brain control all the activities in him. It is just natural . Such things are happening all around us. The only thing the lawmakers should control is to moniter if there is any illegal activities in them.
Answered by ambujam, 16 Dec '09 10:51 am

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Gross National Product (GNP) measures the market value of all products and services produced during a certain period of time by labour and property su..more

Answered by jameel ahmed