Q.

No doubt that demolition of Ayodhya mosque was a "Himalan blunder".
However to create a harmony and goodwill between the two communities, would it not be wise for Ulema to consider offering the place for building a Ram temple?

Asked by JK MN, 05 Mar '09 02:43 pm

1.

When it has been asked in Sumansings answer, I have some extract from history, which I am posting with out concerned contaversial debate and prejudices, its purely historical references

The original Vishwanath temple is supposed to have been built around 490 AD
during the Gupta period. HISTORICAL records suggest that it was destroyed by
Muslim rulers. The first Muslim invader to attack Varanasi was Ahmed
Nihalidin, the governor of the Indian province of the Ghazani empire, in the
11th century. His aim was to acquire the wealth accumulated in the temples
of Varanasi. Later, Qutub-ud-din Aibak of the slave dynasty invaded the city
and more than 1000 temples are said to have been destroyed in this onslaught.
Answered by drdinesh sharma, 07 Mar '09 12:25 am

(1)
 (0)
2.

Those who deomolished Ayodhya mosque were not Hindus. Those who profess themselves to be Hindus demolished it. Those who do not wish to offer the place for building a Ram temple are not mulims either. They are the ones who profess themselves to be muslims but in fact are not muslims.
Answered by Jack Johnson, 06 Mar '09 04:23 am

(0)
 (0)

3.

Since, this question has been put in 'Religion & Spirituality' and not in "Politics"....i must say, God is neither present in mandir or masjid..........For last couple of decades, when we see our history, we can see many mandirs were demolished and people build mosque or church there (and also demolition of Ayodhya mosque as u put in yr question).............THOSE PEOPLE WERE IGNORANT ABOUT BASIC CONCEPT OF GOD AND THUS 'SPIRITUALITY'......they did it to show their MUSSLE POWER.....not for spreading the message of GOD....those constructions were demolished BY ARROGANT PEOPLE WHO WANTS TO ESTABLISH HATRED & JEALOUSY on earth....................they were devoid of the actual message of GOD i.e. LOVE & spread humanity.................

Answered by saumen ganguli, 09 Mar '09 01:20 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

I had been to Ayodhya and also visited the site where excavations were made as well as the temple. The guide who showed us the temple and narrated the history was a Muslim. Even after knowing that I am a Muslim the Pandit there in the temple was courteous enough to offer watch the pooja when my other Hindu friends were attending the same. More than anything else the people of the town were very nice and I could not find any Hindu, Muslim differentiation there. Just imagine what all these show. (You can wake a person who is really sleeping but you cannot when the person pretend sleeping.....just a few sleeping over this issue). It is just like that. I had been to Varanasi as well as Mathura. Same is the case. I Offered my prayers at the Mosque falling within the campus of Varanasi temple as well as at Mathura. There was no hatred or disturbance. So there is harmony and Good will between these two communities more than what is expected........I do not want to add anything more.
Answered by iqbal ahmed, 05 Mar '09 10:47 pm

(4)
 (0)
5.

When erased mercilessly it is erased . Now there is no point in talking about it. Why Ulema should come forward . It is now mobocracy not democracy. India has no consittution, no law, no judiciary and no justice.
Answered by jameel ahmed, 05 Mar '09 10:36 pm

(2)
 (4)
6.

The day demolition took place, it was a sad day in my otherwise happy life. But I remembered the partition of India, which would have been my life's worst day had I been in this world. I have not known any Hindu ruler who had desacrated any place of worship may be of any faith. I presume our culture still teach us to respect every faith and every place of worship. I still do not know why partition was necessary? Only one thing I have realized that Muslim faith insists on following its beliefs. It is intolerant to the faith of others. People of Muslim faith when are exposed to other faith, they realise that this insistance is not practical. But then the leaders of this faith go militant to keep the flock with them and these militants can go to any extent. The problem therefore is neither Islam, nor followers of Islam who live with people of other faith. The real problem is the hardliners who want the laws of Shariat in the whole world, may be other faith's people like or not. These har ...more
Answered by SATYAPRAKASH AGRAWAL, 07 Mar '09 02:31 pm

(2)
 (0)
7.

If we decide to demolish all mosques or churches where there is some sort of evidences of a Hindu temple or other place of worship, it will serve no worth while purposes.And all religions advocate only love and peace. In this connexion ,I recall the suggestion made by thethe former captain of Indian cricket Mr Patudi that the hindus be allowed to build a Ram Temple at Ayodhya and the hindus in turn agree not to insist any other demolition and all monuments which exist from 1942 stay on. Unfortunately BJP and the Imams rejected it. There are so many places of worship in India where persons from all religion offer prayers. In sabarimala where more than 5 crore people visit every year the people have to offer prayers to the Muslim devotee of Ayyappa before visiting Ayyappa, in the great chitra festival at Madurai Lord Kallalagar, (Vishnu) visit his muslim devotees house before attending His sister's wedding .In Velankanni all people visit even though it is a cathedral and people of all r ...more
Answered by thangiah kannan, 06 Mar '09 07:58 am

(2)
 (0)
8.

My Brother Thanks that you required my opinion on this matter,It is very true that this ia black spot on our Indian democracy what have been done by some communal mind peoples, India is secular country everybody having same rights and freedom of their religions. The religious places what India received at time of independance they have to protect it as it is by our constitution. But some our Indian communal people always searching such things to create the communal feelings of Hindu Muslims only for election purpose. How you saying this things that one crime that have been done demolished the Mosque and again same group arguing to make the RAM TEMPLE means to give the advantage of their crimes. This should be one sided thinking. Why not make such things like Hospital, Parks, or other structure which is out of Hindu or Muslims religious marks. See in your heart one crime that Mosque demolished by such group and to provide the advantage of this deed spite of any punishment. Ulema to cons ...more
Answered by SATTAYAM, 07 Mar '09 02:33 pm

(1)
 (1)
9.

Agree with JK, how long both communities will suffer, moreover how long corrupted politicians will play upon our sophisticated beliefs.
Answered by Feroz, 05 Mar '09 06:51 pm

(1)
 (1)
10.

Laws of the Land does not work on our whims and fancies . As you accepted it is himalayan blunder and you know how to set this blunder right . No Justice system will ask the aggrieved party to forget the injustice and let go their righteous claim .
Anyway It's courts the Judiciary to decide such issues . After all courts are there to fix the problmes nd disputes . Those who do not follow the law of land are greatest anti Indians .Thanks
Answered by misconception, 06 Mar '09 07:00 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

Answered by Pattabhiraman