Q.

What is kankhajura. how does it harm human beings

Tags: sex, health, beauty & fashion
Asked by jummal mohammed irfan, 10 Aug '10 01:27 pm

1.

Actually its a traditional word.Kankhajura can easily enter in ear n reach into brain which used to happen with people who sleeps on the floor speacialy in villages or in slums.So somehow they came up with this word for long time ago, my mom told me that she knew this wen she was a child, so we can understand.Basically it has poison so stay away, it can be dangerous most of the times.
Answered by Amit Singh, 06 Nov '10 11:45 am

(1)
 (0)
2.

Its a centipede they say if it goes inside your ears never come out and make you deaf
Answered by Gaurav vyas, 10 Aug '10 01:28 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

I am too scared of this creature. Two times i had to kill it when it entered my room's door. I had no other way of catching it but to kill it. I am a kind of person who doesn't wants to harm any living creature without having reason. Here is some thing i found one of the links :

Some Interesting facts about the Scolopendrid centipedes: Vernacular names: Kankhajura and Kantar in Uttar Pradesh; Kansala, Kansalava in Rajasthan; Kankol in Punjab; Kansui in Maharashtra; Kennri in Orissa, Kenno in Bengal, Purans in Tamilnadu and so on and so forth All the terms mostly beginning with the world KAN, which in Hindi means ear and so is the confusion that it enters human ears. It enters human ear is a MYTH : The fact is that it is a nocturnal animal having photonegative behavior and hides in dark places; hence any dark place may be suitable for their hiding, then accidentally it may be a human nose or ear.
Source: http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/Vinodkhanna-91275-soil-fauna-human-welfare-identifyingmyriapoda-trainings-etc-entertainment-ppt-powerpoint/
Answered by Gautam Mehrotra, 08 Nov '11 12:31 am

(0)
 (0)