Q.

Vedanta group is very much in the news these days. Will they really rise to the occasion? Your views?

Tags: money, vedanta, news & events
Asked by Good Citizen, 28 Feb '12 12:35 pm

1.

I don't know really what the future would behold for this amalgamated or merged behemoth. A lot of these merger has to do with book adjustments of the debt that they have incurred in acquiring Cairn Energy. But even if Vedanta Aluminium isn't doing well because of umpteen problems in putting on stream their full production capacity (environmental and bureaucratic issues), luckily the Congo acquisition isn't part of it.

But I still believe, in the long run they will do well. Cairn is a cash cow. Sesa Goa has problems because of mining issues. The merger ratio is advantageous to Sterlite. I am keeping faith in Sterlite for the time being, because it might even take 6 months or a year before the whole process gets over. I see an upside to Sterlite to around 140. Sesa Goa may not rise much for the time being due to the perceived bad deal to them in the merger.

Answered by Omega, 28 Feb '12 12:44 pm

(10)
 (0)
2.

They may
Answered by harpreet, 28 Feb '12 12:41 pm

(0)
 (0)
3.

No they will not
Answered by Prabhu, 28 Feb '12 12:37 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.