Q.

Email-id which I 've been using for the last 15 years ... locked... someone changed my password.. I am wondering whether someone will misuse it... how to get in touch with rediffmail administrators and get it alright? Pls. help... if some one knows...
Already tried to retreive password thru all possible means and not successful....

Tags: money, relationships, pls
Asked by Sunil Kumar, 04 Mar '10 01:33 pm

1.

Use help / feedback to inform them of the problem and ask them to lock the account, if they can't give it back to you. That way misuse is stopped.
Answered by Venkateswaraswamy Swarna, 04 Aug '10 01:42 am

(0)
 (0)
2.

Generally email becoming unaccessible could be due to one of the following reasons
1- Not used for several months
2- Probably you forgot the passoword
3- Someone has hacked your account and is misusing it.
In case of 1) you can try writing to the email provider customer service to retrieve the account. Sometimes it may not be retrievable at all. But atleast you know its not hacked
In case of 2) You can go through the "forgot password" option on the web site. But if that option doesnt work, you can do what I suggested for 1) and the email provider will verify your particulars before giving you access.
Answered by NASAman, 04 Mar '10 02:13 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

I faced exactly same problem about 3 wks back... had to contact rediff helpline thru email... they mailed me back my password after verification.
Answered by vishal goel, 04 Mar '10 01:47 pm

(0)
 (0)
4.

Which email id ? have you put alternate email id ? just click on forget password link. your password will be sent to your alternate email id
Answered by indiyan, 04 Mar '10 01:38 pm

(0)
 (0)
5.

Haha guideline violation.
rediff email can't be trusted
Answered by gurpreet, 04 Mar '10 01:36 pm

(0)
 (0)