Q.

I applaud the Hindu Janajagruti Samiti for forcing Jehangir Art Gallery to remove the painting of a nude Lord Shiva in whom I believe so much and all Hindus also. The artistic community lacks the simple common sense that its freedom should not clash with that of a believer like me and all other Hindus. Today it may be Lord Shiva, tomorrow another deity. M i rite in my saying?? Your views please??

Asked by cyrus irani, 18 Jan '09 02:51 pm

1.

Problem in India is that any one can do anything here under freedom of expression or creativity. It is most imperative that on such sensitive issues all should exercise utmost restraint. Such controversial paintings or pictures should not be displayed or allowed to be displayed anywhere under any circumstances. Once a trend is set in this direction peoples motivation for such artistic work will vanish.
Answered by Good Citizen, 18 Jan '09 06:54 pm

(0)
 (0)
2.

I too have my deep faith in lord Shiva and I agree with you but why the Supreme court has given a verdict in favour of m f hussein on his similar controversial paintings. Besides I am habituated to seeing nude jain munis roaming unristricted, openly & shamelessly in crowded streets. If we are not able to tackle this menace whats the point in of removing an indoor painting.
Answered by manoj thakur, 19 Jan '09 11:26 am

(0)
 (0)
3.

Once you try to restrict them, they will raise a hue and cry over freedom of expression. Even as one is very strong about his freedom of expression, he should be sensible to the others feeling too. While I have no problems if they draw whatever trash they want to but keep it within the confines of their own house/ studio, displaying it an exhibition is unwarranted, knowing fully well that it will attract criticism and protests. On a hindsight, I even used to wonder sometimes if they are doing it deliberately to get some free publicity.
Answered by S. Ramesh, 18 Jan '09 08:17 pm

(0)
 (0)
4.

If it was totally nude then it is good but most of the time he is showed half nude in the upper protion which is relevant
Answered by babu rao, 18 Jan '09 07:19 pm

(0)
 (0)
5.

Yes, you are right, the artist should avoid such controversy,they should not excite people,and loose their creativity for such things by flaring up people cornering them unwontedly, they can work on other things, with better harmony with their soul.
Answered by venkatesaldevarajan, 18 Jan '09 03:39 pm

(0)
 (0)
6.

You are doing good.God bless you !
Answered by neera bhatt, 18 Jan '09 03:25 pm

(0)
 (0)
7.

This is height of stupidity by art gallery management. MF Hussain did it many times. What stupid artists want to prove.
Answered by Chinna, 18 Jan '09 02:55 pm

(0)
 (0)
8.

U r correct
Answered by siddhartha das, 18 Jan '09 02:53 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

I would suggest you consider what God's role is....and what things are possible. Because we pray or do what we feel is penance for something, does th..more

Answered by Mickey