Q.

We have come a long way from ancient dynasties and rulers. Which ruler inspired you with his great admistrative skills? Do you prefer that golden era to come back and replace the democratic system we are now having? Why?

Tags: careers, education, rulers
Asked by Muktha Radhakrishnan, 19 Nov '09 01:37 pm

1.

Chhatrapati Shivaji has been my favourite ruler in Indian history. I used to enjoy reading about this great Maratha warrior and his administration and warfare, the way he resisted the Mughals. I submit the following from wikipedia Shivaji Maharaj was younger of the two sons of Shahaji Bhosle and Jijabai. His father, Shahaji, was a Maratha general who rendered military services at various times against the Bijapur Sultanate and the Mughals. Shivaji espoused the ideology of Hindavi Swarajya (Self rule of the natives) and took a solemn oath in a Shiva temple with his friends and soldiers to directly challenge the Muslim rule of the Bijapur Sultanate and ultimately the mighty Mughal Empire. Shivaji succeeded in establishing control of a well defended segment of the present state of Maharastra in western India, during his lifetime. Shivajis ideology of Hindavi Swarajya and subsequent expansion of the Maratha Empire, was partly responsible for re-establishment of Hindu rule and its ...more
Answered by Mitali Choudhury, 19 Nov '09 03:06 pm

(0)
 (0)
2.

I would go wid \"Akber\"...who used to act judiciously....and always was willing to listen others....
Answered by bijoy agarwala, 20 Nov '09 09:01 pm

(0)
 (0)
3.

Reading all the anwers below, and with the knowledge of hisory I am having I will vote for Sher Shah as a good ruler and administrator,
Answered by sitapati rao, 19 Nov '09 05:13 pm

(0)
 (0)
4.

I like Harshvardhan\'s period .He ruled his kindom with most faithfull way he neveraccumilated any wealth to himself ,everything was distributed back to his people. He also did many welfare things for his people >In true words he ruled selflessly
Answered by meera, 19 Nov '09 02:05 pm

(0)
 (0)
5.

Sher shah--his work contains introduction of post , making of grand trank road ---kolkata to peswar ,making of sarai ( like mughal sarai )or inn for the travellers and horses , introduction of land reforms and fixing of revenue amount as per the production quantity of crops... etc ...etc ...etc
Answered by HARIJIBAN BANERJEE, 19 Nov '09 01:51 pm

(0)
 (0)
6.

It is none other than the mautya dynesty i.e in the period of Chandragupta maurya and vikramaditya.......first in the world history who established the ten jewels as the citizens required...... the admistration was excelent to which maximum coutries have adopted......if a king will think for the betterment of people then all will be good and that reflects the best administration part of the king......that is the main loophole at present scinario.......maximum are selfish .....suppose someone wants to develop then the leg pulling system ends everything.....
Answered by pradeep mishra, 19 Nov '09 01:48 pm

(0)
 (0)
7.

I like King Ashoka and his leadership qualities. and also I welcome, dreaming about golden age.
Answered by Gauthami, 19 Nov '09 01:42 pm

(0)
 (0)
8.

Chandragupt Maurya......the young revolutionary who even in the life time of Alexander the \"Great \" rose from Taxila and replaced Dhananad of Magadh and started his own dynasty...who was great grand father of Ashoka the great .......Chandragupt who unlike Ashoka when felt the God\'s Light inhis heart left the throne and went to forest to talk to his own creator in his own way...great man..i want him with his teacher Chanakya desperately in current Indian situation
Answered by Gaurav vyas, 19 Nov '09 01:41 pm

(0)
 (0)