Q.

Have gold purchased at 15800, when it would reach that high?
wat is the trend for time to come? People say gold may rise if investors loose confidence in USD.
Is that going to happen really, or BRIC countries would keep USD up by buying more US treasurey bonds?

Asked by Suyog, 18 Jun '09 06:05 pm

1.

I not sure if you have purchased jewellery, coin/busciut or gold ETF. But assuming you are talking about billion (pure gold) it is more than Rs.1000 below the level you are talking for a 10gm. But it can reach those high levels sometime in the future but very difficult to predict. Gold may rise again if USD\'s value comes down and equities also go down. If this is also accompanied by consistent physical demand for gold jewllery, coins, etc gold prices can go to 15800 or even beyond 16000 but patience is required, you have to wait and should have enough liquidity to wait or buy more at lower rates.
Probably you can diversify by investing in Nifty Bees.
Answered by NASAman, 19 Jun '09 12:33 pm

(0)
 (0)
2.

I personally have never been attracted towards physical possession of gold and silver for various reasons (particularly security). If at all I were to go in for gold, I would prefer paper gold and that too in paper/demat form in peacemeal way.
Answered by daulat rautela, 18 Jun '09 06:57 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

New Delhi..more