Q.

What is the difference among Three Mile Island, Pennsylvania, Chernobyl and Fukushima Daiichi?

Tags: education, island, city guide
Asked by T A RAMESH, 18 Mar '11 02:15 am
Answer this question  Earn 10 points for answering     Map Successfully AddedAdd Map

1.

The most famous nuclear meltdown in history, the Chernobyl incident happened 25 years ago next month (April 1986). Fukishima may be the most severe situation since the Ukranian disaster, but it still (thankfully) doesnt match up.

There is no question of a Chernobyl situation or of anything like the same threat to human health and safety. An accident like Chernobyl cannot happen againthis is a reactor of a different generation. Even in the worst-case scenario of a total coolant failure, the radiation released will be hundreds of times less than from Chernobyl.

Considered the worst nuclear accident in the United States, Pennsylvanias Three Mile Island meltdown caused no immediate injuries or deaths (although the cleanup cost $975 million and took over 14 years to complete.). There appear to be more similarities between Fukushima and Three Mile Island than between Fukushima and Chernobyl.

According to Forbes:

Source: Good feed
Answered by LIPSIKA, 18 Mar '11 05:06 am

(0)
 (0)
2.

I think I am sorry i have no idea about that
Answered by Motu, 25 Sep 07:27 pm

(0)
 (0)
3.

Long answer n my hands hurt me to write it, so it will be a good idea if u search in google n copy paste the answer
Answered by nahu khan, 18 Mar '11 02:38 am

(0)
 (0)
4.

All Are inter related to the NUCLEAR REACTOR - Read this report in the newspaper - unfortunately, the newspaper is in my car. Will let you know the difference - Chernobyl disaster was in 1986 in UKRAINE
Answered by John Mascarenhas, 18 Mar '11 02:36 am

(0)
 (0)
5.

I am sorry i have no idea about that
Answered by ANSHUL AGNIHOTRI, 18 Mar '11 02:19 am

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Obama promised he would end the recession and bring back a healthy, booming economy. The crash stopped because of the rescue of Wall Street by George ..more

Answered by Karan