Q.

Do you feel like a fish out of water when you are into unfamiliar surroundings? How soon you are able to overcome this feeling and what is the secret?

Tags: food, science, entertainment
Asked by Good Citizen, 19 Mar '11 08:01 pm

1.

GC, I had stayed in different places since childhood in our country as well as abroad. Ofcourse the situations ini ntitial stages in each new place used to be very unfamiliar as you mentioned even depressing. But when need is there and no option left ,we try to adapt our selves to such situations. There is no secret ,it is only the demand for which we prepare ourselves to get accustomed to the situation.In such new place we make ourselves comfortable by making friends who are like us and have similar mind set that of ours. We learn from them about the place and how to get used to it. If we have choice we can decide whether to get used to the situation or not or leave the place . But if we have no choice we use all our expertise to get adapted to it. There is the natural theory ,'survival of the fittest', which help us to adapt ourselves to any unfavourable conditions and situations to become part of it.......!
Answered by Rachana, 19 Mar '11 08:40 pm

(2)
 (0)
2.

More than outer things I focus on inner things. Surrounding do plays an important role but to the extent to make me feel alien or fish out of water situation. Right from childhood we learn how to portray and carry ourselves in different situation hence things does flow out naturally....Like while visiting grave-yard our mood and emotional level may not be upbeat like in party but we do know how to remain within our skin.

Specially while going to a place recently hit by natural disaster some easiness gets lost nevertheless with courage and determination we control our feeling and try to get along with the surrounding.
Live the life by enjoying every moment of it. A rolling stone gathers no moss hence constantly look for change. Accept, adopt and embrace the situation as it comes. Never get paniced, never try to avoid these are few tips which I follow.
Answered by Mohammed asim nehal, 20 Mar '11 05:44 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

No, I never ever feel so, because I am flexible, adaptable, a happy-go-getter and make any environment suitable to me...!
Answered by Dil Se, 19 Mar '11 10:25 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

I feel that everyday. I just am not able to relate to the capitalist way of life, even though I somehow managed to do OK financially. I feel like a 1950s CHinese dude stuck in 2010 :P

I am not talkin ideologically but practical day 2 day stuff.

Like when I do educational consulting work in village / town colleges, I go out of the way 2 prioritize the students, at the cost of my own family life sometimes. And many times, society and ppl criticize u for saying "U r worried more about a bunch of unknowns than u r own known family" and I am like "I took care of my family they are OK. But these guys and girls REALLY need a good guide behind them" and I get a ricochet with a "that's selfish attitude!" and I'm like "WHAT?! SELFISH?!"

Answered by A Moin, 19 Mar '11 08:08 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

Yes I do, as soon as i get out of that place, the secret is I just get out of there, I can not cope wih it if i feel is not where i am belong 2
Answered by bipasha, 19 Mar '11 08:05 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Doubtful if SPIC can make such a dramatic turnaround. They are ridden with serious debt and there is a huge outflow of interest every year. Recently, ..more

Answered by Omega