Q.

GENDER SPEAK : Do you think whistling,teasing,cracking naughty jokes is unladylike? Does it make a woman less or more appealing to men in general? What is your honest opinion on the same?

Tags: relationships, education, entertainment
Asked by shintsie, 17 Jan '10 10:34 pm

1.

All these are very natural instincts which may be common to both gents as well as ladies.However in India the image of a lady is always considered ideal to be that of a " Sati Savitri."She is supposed or rather expected to be very simple, honest and quite submissive.Much above all the so called "evil propensities' which you have mentioned.(Though I consider them absolutely normal for both men and women).Such an image of Indian women is so strongly embedded in the minds of all Indian men and women that we just can't stand any deviation from it.And while most of the men like such actions of women in society and secretly admire them but openly they always criticize them.Such ladies are liked as society women but no one will dare to take such a lady to his own home as a wife or a relative.(At least in India).
As per my personal view I see all these feelings and actions quite common to both men and women.
Answered by HEMANT MEHTA, 17 Jan '10 10:46 pm

(2)
 (0)
2.

Hi Shintz, what appeal to man differ from men to men.Each man is brought up in different way of ubringing.So it cannot appeal to a every common man.I admit, Me and my cousins were bit naughty girls of a joint family. We had the liberty to speak and crack naughty jokes ,but our elders were particular, giving us all kind of advices to behave well in public .So we realised how and where to use this liberty .But mostly whistling is very funny and sometimes very irritating ,too.But we used to crack jokes and tease without hurting anyone in our family .Even Our elders used to equally enjoy it but always used to warn us to be disciplined and well behaved if some outsider is present. We never had studied in co-educated institutions,so it was more easy for us to play all such kind of pranks in our school and colleges.It doesnt mean we are not well behaved or are bad mannered.We are sane enough where to crack such jokes and where it can be applied and accepted.
Answered by Rachana, 18 Jan '10 10:07 pm

(3)
 (0)
3.

Honest opinion !!
You want me to die a half death ?
If I say YES, all liberal women will curse me.
If I say NO, all male chauvinists will take me to task.
Better I give a 'chaalu' opinion. That is : 'Jisko jo achcha lagey'.
Answered by Prakash Chandra, 18 Jan '10 12:52 am

(2)
 (0)
4.

Some women in their teens and young age have this tomboyish attitued. They whistle, tease both boys and girls, crack naughty jokes, climb walls and trees to roost on.For us it is a novel sight, something fresh that celebrates the freedom from set social norms. Some may consider this as
the staid unlady like attitude.But such women have a charm of their own, when the grow up, and retain some freedom and joy in their expressions and behaviour in day to day living.This makes them most appealing to many, with their roboust, energetic and charming ways.
Answered by mohanbirsingh ghura, 17 Jan '10 11:02 pm

(2)
 (0)
5.

Shintz, by and large, I get attracted to such women. If prefer ' zindadil' persons..men or women. I enjoy 'talking' to such people, spending time with them. I firmly believe that we, all of us, should live our life with lots and lots of passion. I for one, find nothing unladylike in this.
Answered by kishore malhotra, 23 Jan '10 10:59 am

(1)
 (0)
6.

Some of most women do like a slightly unladylike activities as you mentioned. Someone who is bolder, perhaps digs herself into a trouble a bit. :) Someone entirely wholesome isn't a lot of fun. Completely cracking naughty jokes, completely stupid and violently whistling frequently. What is it others say about first impressions, leave alone their flirting appeal to men...? I have known yet a few girls being very naughty with strangers over the Internet and it was fun for them...! Total anonymity, cyber sex only, no strings attached but just fun... then blocked them and that was fun, too...!! See, how this cyber culture makes the whole world drifting towards a catastrophe...? To make an appeal to men, there are soft, polite and non-misdemeanour ways, which may look more appealing than making the whole situation and context awkward...In a lovely appeal, sometimes silence also can speak more eloquent than words...then why whistling, teasing, cracking ugly jokes and focusing yourself unl ...more
Answered by Dil Se, 22 Jan '10 12:03 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

It would always differ from man to man.......situation to situation....age to age.....like in d name of fashion, supposing a a girl/woman cuts her hair fully like some of the boys do, one wud certainly dont find anything appealing at all.....If we think why , we dont smoke infront of our eleders, though at times we use to drink together(ofcourse I dont smoke or drink as well...)...you see , certain things we have been observing since decades...and though the changes are taking place so fast, that we are trying to get ourselves used to wid such changes.... you may like a school girl whistling in d name of being "Bindaas", but you may not like a girl in PG whistling...or a woman too....even in case of naughty jokes, the significance lies in d fact that wid whom u r sharing the same and that too of wat nature...in fact vulgarity is never applauded by anyone at the end...and most importantly, the behaviour is the key and one's behaviour is always observed by each of us and over a period of ...more
Answered by bijoy agarwala, 19 Jan '10 11:47 am

(1)
 (0)
8.

Dear Shintz >>> This one surely deserves wide and rational discussion rather than a mere yes or no tag as easy opinion. When we boost the talk of freedom of speech, generally we intend to make it for a serious angle, forgetting there may be other considerations too while living life in society. No sane girl would, however she may be of the carefree kind candidate, dare to operate a whistle while walking on the road to college whereas her counterpart a boy may not feel a taboo in performing a whistling gesture. A girl, by natural instinct, shall feel protected to do so only when she feels she is among her buddies, and that too in protected zones like in college canteen, or in garden, and there only she is free to whistle, tease or even would crack a naughty joke to receive thunderous rapport. Personally, I never would judge this very girl and her attitude as unladylike, let alone considering her less or more appealing. I have watched my feminine gender classmates (mine was a coeducati ...more
Answered by Indra Pawar, 18 Jan '10 08:33 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

Teasing, cracking naughty jokes, whistling ... are . unladylike ? No.. before a group of youngsters it is not unladylike. Oldies may think so, and that is natural. They should be respected. But every age has its own *maza*. At young age, whistling and cracking jokes are most common and quite enjoyable. When these young girls, otherwise, crack naughty jokes? in their * budhapa ?* No. No. Young age is not going to come again, and must be enjoyed at least to this limited extent. I do not advocate immoral behaviour, as there is a thin difference,and agree, they should be careful. But certainly if they are limited to cracking naughty jokes in the company of girl friends, or even whistling (yes some girls can do whistling) it is not unladylike. ( others may differ. But I have seen many young girls in the college doing it, and we have become liberal now.)
Answered by subhash, 18 Jan '10 01:49 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

Generally yes
but it s a personal choice --as far as question of appealing arises
Answered by anil garg, 18 Jan '10 09:34 am

(1)
 (0)

Q.

It is secreat intelligence agency for ussr like cia in usa and isi in pak..more

Answered by Ramesh Agarwal