How to be safe from 'phishing'?
How to be safe: Here are some tips
1. Avoid unknown Web sites and be suspicious of e-mail messages from any company asking for personal or financial information such as user names and passwords, credit card numbers, and other sensitive personal information.
2. Never follow a link in an e-mail if you suspect the message might not be genuine. Instead, go directly to the valid company's site then log on from there or call the company directly.
3. If you want to find your Online bank, always type its URL into your browser.
4. Ensure that any Web site visited is secure when submitting sensitive information such as credit card numbers. Look for the padlock icon in the browser's toolbar, which signifies a secure site.
5. Do not open attachments in e-mails unless you are ab ...more