Q.

Heres a brave soldier who died fighting for his country, a philanthropic Doctor who treated poor patients for free, a woman who devoted her entire life helping da blind & spastic kids. Yet, all da 3 were atheist & never followed any religion or particular faith.

And there is this Mafia Don involved in Arms, Drugs & Flesh trade. He is very religious in personal life. Visits his place of worship daily, observes all religious teachings, donates part of his surplus money to temples, churches, mosques etc.

So, are da first 3 in yr opinion, less holier than the Don ?

Cocktail Raj -:)

Tags: country, raj, woman
Asked by Cocktail, 27 Feb '08 12:22 pm

1.

This is the real love for the humanity in the case of the first 3. I think they do not even expect any reward from others for their selfishless and humanitarian service, even though they are not belonged to any religion.

On the other hand, in Don's case, he tries to convice people an assumption that God made him rich specially so that he goes to temples, churches or mosques daily and perform pilgrimages, and also donate a lot of money to the religions, organizations and political parties in order to achieve more credits in the society, but doing nothing for the poor, the real needy. By performing such sacred ceremonies and virtuous acts, he thinks himself that he is good man and so God will be pleased as well as his soul will be saved. As a result, even he may become a fanatic. But actually he can't cheat the God who knows everything and real heart of every man. Last week, I had also asked the same kind of your question in the QnA. Pls see my Qn No.3.
Answered by Joseph Chacko, 27 Feb '08 09:51 pm

(2)
 (0)
2.

Between all of them the one who brought peace of mind to others is the holiest among them all. In my openion woman who devoted her entire life helping da blind & spastic kids brought peace of mind to those who were in need of care the most.
Answered by Jack Johnson, 27 Feb '08 06:49 pm

(2)
 (0)
3.

No of course not - a person's goodness has nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not he follows any particular religion. He is not holy he is a human being. Human beings are subject to human frailties, strengths, weaknesses, compassion and hypocrisies - just like the examples quoted in your question. It is as plain and simple as that. In my experience only those suffering from religious dogma would trouble to say that your first 3 characters were any less worthy that anyone else.

I became a victim of this attitude myself when, at age 15 staying with an aunt and uncle, an elder said to me "do you attend church with your aunt and uncle" I replied "No, I am not a Roman Catholic like them" - the elder patted me on the back and said "never mind dear I am sure you are a good girl anyway". I have never forgotten that patronising remark .......
Answered by Janis, 28 Feb '08 03:59 am

(1)
 (0)
4.

Holiness is just a state of mind. Being criminal and being holy are different. Its we who make the mistake of associating holiness with non-criminal and pious atitude.
Answered by Saj Sierra, 28 Feb '08 12:46 am

(1)
 (0)
5.

A moral sense is inborn in man and, through the ages, it has served as the common mans standard of moral behavior, approving certain qualities and condemning others. While this instinctive faculty may vary from person to person, human conscience has consistently declared certain moral qualities to be good and others to be bad.
Justice, courage and truthfulness have always found praise, and history does not record any period worth the name in which falsehood, injustice, dishonesty and breach of trust have been praised; sympathy, compassion, loyalty and generosity have always been valued, while selfishness, cruelty, meanness and bigotry have never been approved of by society; men have always appreciated perseverance, determination and courage, but never impatience, fickleness, cowardice and stupidity. Dignity, restraint, politeness and friendliness have throughout the ages been counted virtues, whereas snobbery and rudeness have always been looked down upon. People with a sense of respo ...more
Answered by PANIWALA A, 27 Feb '08 11:06 pm

(1)
 (0)

6.

Let me first give a straight answer to your question and then go on to write whatever comes in my mind. The answer is a big NO. The later or the Don you have mentioned is in no way even holy or a spirtiually inclined religious man even by the wildest interpretation of the term, stretched to whatever limits one can do that to fit him into such a category. Having said that much, my discourse on the subject, purely verbatim and some may not feel what I am going to say is justifiable by the reasoning I have given. I have no problems with that. i am just expressing my views, just as everyone else is doing.

Answered by Omega, 27 Feb '08 07:33 pm

(7)
 (0)
7.

Read this and have ur own judgement-I must make something very very clear. NO RACE, NO PEOPLE, NO RELIGION NO SECT, NO CREED, NO NATIONALITY HAS BEEN GIVEN EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS TO PARADISE BY ALLAH IN THE QURAN. Allah's formula for Paradise is very very simple. One who worships His Lord and Creator, the One God alone, associating no gods with Him, submits his will to the Will of Allah and is God-Fearing will deserve Allah's mercy on the Day of Judgement. ALLAH WILL NOT FORGIVE ALL THE MUSLIMS, SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY CLAIM TO BE THE FOLLOWERS OF THE LAST MESSENGER MOHAMED (SAWS). For Allah, all human beings are equal, all are His created slaves: except the one who is God-Fearing ....he is the one most honorable to Allah.

Answered by Rukhsana.Siddiqui, 27 Feb '08 01:03 pm

(12)
 (0)
8.

Manav Seva is Madhav Seva. Service to humanity without expecting any thing in return is what is called as first order holy act in this world. God will love and take care of such people, even though they do not recognise or beleive in god or religion. But, at present we find very few of them.
In the present world, we find many people or organisations, who do service for acheiving their hidden goals or targets as returns.
Answered by kesireddy sreedhar, 27 Feb '08 02:12 pm

(6)
 (0)
9.

Sin is a sin-what ever he does. if he donates money into holy places also, the money is not hard earned by him., it is like a robinhood. he has to present before god on the judgement day and give all the account of what he spend, where from he earned, is it from making flesh trade or un-natural ways, how much holy he may be, he should have the taste of hell.
philanthorpists: it is for hell, if they are non believers of god.
Answered by mohd yousuf, 27 Feb '08 02:08 pm

(5)
 (0)
10.

The first three you mentioned are the one whom God loves the rest in my openion is mere a show off and to earn name and fame in society. This worship is blind and God will not be pleased until and unless you render the needy with sacrifice of your time , money and other pleasures of life:
Leadership is not about function or bureaucracy, but about awakening and empowering human presence.
A real leader is someone who awakens individuals to possibilities that they don't see at all. There is something mysterious in each individual that cannot be reduced to a role or function. In its deepest sense, the spirituality of leadership is really the ministry of service to possibility. Good leaders lead because they somehow inhabit the privilege and burden of vision and they are called to that kind of a frontier.
Answered by jameel ahmed, 27 Feb '08 01:39 pm

(5)
 (0)

Q.

Dear Mr. Debashish, let me try if I can though it is little bit difficult to make one understand on line .classical songs are the songs which are b..more

Answered by joyesh chakraborty