Q.

What is that a person is looking for in a relationship, that they would want to remain bonded in that forever, in sublime bliss?
OR
What is that, one doesn't fined, to think the other way around?

in terms of:-
- love: can mean diff. things to diff. people at diff. stages.
- what is that u expect from ur partner-to do for u or to u or with u to feel that spl relationship.
- what is the type of spl relationship in terms of ambience, quality and consistency that each one looks for.
- how far does each one go to make it work.
- does introspection repair the cracks.

Asked by Omega, 02 Jun '08 01:50 pm

1.

Its something neither person in the relationship ever figures out and they still are in the relationship.
Answered by Saj Sierra, 07 Jun '08 09:01 am

(1)
 (0)
2.

Such a difficult question to answer Omega. Every human being will have a different answer to tell.
I personally have views about this topic that are completly out of the box..
For me if it is true love between soulmates then it should last for ever.
If it doesn't last then we are not soul mates. Period. I
don't believe in anything apart form deep passioante love.
Motherly love exists between my son and me. Sisterly love exists between my siblings and me.
I never did and nor do I wish to become my husband's mother or his sister as far as love is concerned. And if it does become so then it is time to part , because I did not get married to acquire a brother or a son.
Coming to your special relationship - it has to be special with a love, interest and passion for similar things and activities. If there isn't then the realionship is a failure and again it should end fast.
Answered by joyoti sen, 03 Jun '08 03:25 pm

(1)
 (0)

3.

In any relationship if true love is there then both hand want to be the bond forever..
in my views "I love you": three words that mean so much, and are incredibly scary to so many. What does it take to say these words? Nothing if not a healthy relationship.

So what goes into a healthy, loving relationship? Everyone knows that there is no recipe for love; individuals are so unique that there is a huge variety of lovers as well. But there are some things which a long-term relationship cannot do without. Here are eight of them in no particular order:

1. You
An important part of any loving relationship is you. You need to be able to be your own person and to stay true to yourself. You also need to be over past relationships and able to deal with the present. If anyone in your life comes before your significant other, it should be one of the first things your partner knows about you. Your relationships with other people are critical as well; both you and your partner should have p ...more
Answered by Ashish jain, 02 Jun '08 06:18 pm

(3)
 (0)
4.

Here the scope is vast and the space given is limited, so I'll reduce the purview of this answer as well to make myself more clear. The relations of blood are excluded here.

I am taking the relations of friends and love / partners only.

Yes, love means different to different people at different stages. For example when in younger years people look for a companion and friend which gradually develops from confidence into love also. Then when we have enough confidence in one of those close people (who are much more than a companion or a friend now) we decide to entrust our lives to him/her by deciding to conjoin our present and future.

The same people have different relations with each other like initially love, then when their children came their bond widens further as they learn to share their space with their family and friends.

Answered by rajneesh Rediff, 03 Jun '08 08:28 am

(4)
 (0)
5.

What does anyone wish in a relationship.......a strong sense of belonging.

This sense of belonging comes from acceptance ....a complete acceptance and understanding....an emotional connection which gives us a feeling of self worth.
When there is total commitment to each other and complete truth, honesty, trust and transperancy in the relationship....one feels reassured of ones faith in the partner and the relationship and continues to nurture and cherish it.

Love at 16 is not the same as the love at 61....at each stage of our life...we expect different things...because our needs change with time. What is attractive and love to a 16 year old may not be the same at 61....but one thing that remains constant in a successful relationship is strength of commitment to each other, mutual respect, support and understanding. All we (both men and women) want is a partner who accepts us as we are with no conditions.....holds our hand reassuringly at times of difficulty and embra ...more
Answered by sumitha, 02 Jun '08 05:28 pm

(4)
 (0)
6.

I any relationship it is natural for a person to dream about eternal bliss. Without the dream in the beginning he/she may not enter into a relationship. As time goes by this dream gets diluted by reality which brings him/her back to earth. Many things he/she had dreamt about may not even be possible. This sets the thinking process as to how to make the best out of this not so perfect(100 %) relationship . !00% relatonship is really impossible.

Yes love means different things to different people at different stages of their lives. In teenage years it is more physical which gradually become more and more spiritual/emotional as the years go by.

Answered by Mitali Choudhury, 03 Jun '08 08:43 pm

(3)
 (0)
7.

1. People seek "security" in any relationship.
2. If you have gone through Thomas Harris' works on Transactional Analysis, there are three states of a person, though which one interacts
2.1. Parent
2.2. Adult
2.3. Child
3. Besides, there are 4 quadrants of relationship interactions
3.1. I'm not OK, You're OK
3.2. I'm not OK, You're not OK
3.3. I'm OK, You're not OK
Answered by manish varma, 02 Jun '08 05:34 pm

(3)
 (0)
8.

Love is a concept,most miuused,misunderstood and mininterpreted......no,it is not a judgement,but a sad observation.
i see love in all dat we call living on this earth ,introspection is definitely the initial device which ,i often say,manages to reach possibilities,which even the most uncomprehensibles do not have the capacities to reach. ...and even the most "self proclaimed" exalted minds cant just delve into............and to capture all the nuances of love is like attempting to cage all the birds of the world,with their wildest of flights and most passionate of plunges in the wide open skies......no ,i suggest dont even attempt...........so what would be our ultimate moksha.....and a selflessness sublime???
Answered by shintsie, 14 Jun '08 11:22 am

(1)
 (0)
9.

What kind of relationship Comrade?

If it was a officer-soldier relationship, if I was Col., I would dang well expect the guys in my batallion to back me up as I pull off an Abdul Nasser on Republic day....and I'll cover them if they commit human right violation risking my own career. But if I was a soldier, and I got POW'd for 5 yrs, and when I get back, I find my wife remarried and my family resettled w/o trace, I am going and bunking on my 2nd. Lt's home asking for his cousin's hand and a new life. And I'd feel I have every right to ask him to set me up w/ a life and throw all my burden on him. So, in sense, this is that type of a relationship, along the lines of comraderie.

Answered by A Moin, 10 Jun '08 09:42 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

Consistency is a word which I feel anyone looks in a relationship. At every stage, meaning of love exists and we are happily bonded by that gel. Responsibility caters to the love and it becomes stronger as the time flies by. Very rare it is that, introspection is required, and event though sometimes, the need arises, the responsibles gauge themselves and decides the best outcome to hold together that bondage. And it helps.
And best form of relation never expects from someone or anyone. It gives all its energy to make a sublime living.
Understandably, a person with responsibility, has every thing to cheer up in every stage of life.
Answered by prabhat kumar kumar, 03 Jun '08 01:35 pm

(1)
 (0)