Q.

How do u react wen u see some elderly persons showing unnecessary respect towards you by saluting,folding their hands etc??

I dont know why but somehow it has always made me vaguely uneasy.It was so embarrassing for me to see the watchman at my house n guards at the office(all must be in their late thirties or early forties) saluting me that I immediately asked them to stop this at least with me.After all we are not in the Army.
what great or extra ordinary I have done till now,nothing I see.Do I really deserve all these,no once again.

How do you manage such things, is it so normal with

Asked by prashant sharma, 29 Aug '08 05:35 pm

1.

Don't worry Prashant ....they are not saluting you ...they are saluting your chair.
Many years ago my 80 year old granny had touched the feet of a young sadhu. The sadhu had expressed embarrassment and said." Mataji please don't touch my feet . You are my mother".
My granny had replied," Baba, I am not touching your feet . I am showing respect to your monk's saffron robes . "
Answered by joyoti sen, 29 Aug '08 09:38 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

Gues thy salute to the POST yu r in... n NOT YOU... peace!!!
Answered by hellz angel, 29 Aug '08 05:37 pm

(2)
 (0)
3.

There is an easy solution here, which I used to do when I was in similar situation many years back.

Anyways as I couldn't accept salute of a uniformed man in absence of my uniform, cap and belt inclusive I just used to fold my hands in accepting their salute. Remember they are doing so to the post that you hold and not the person that you are.
Answered by rajneesh Rediff, 29 Aug '08 08:46 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

Well, remember this happens naturally. Remember the persons who do so always have some mischief in their minds.
Answered by Indu Bhusan Nath, 29 Aug '08 05:42 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

Dear it is not for because of you my dear it is because of your post. Even though he may be the elder of you he will work as a watch mand or the security for you and you are the boss of him till you pay or till in your post. he give respect for the post. thats all you simply give your wish and do your duty.
Answered by rviswanathan, 29 Aug '08 05:41 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

Being a national symbol it is respected by every Indian . There are certain dos and don'ts laid down for common people regarding Indian flag* When the..more

Answered by SANDEEP JAIN