Q.

How to quit eating tobacco and alcohol?

Tags: alcohol, tobacco
Asked by aditya rawat, 05 Feb '07 02:47 pm

1.

It is very easy to give up. I have given up many times. Ha ha. Jokes apart me too gave up smoking. Drinks no because in social circle it is a necessity, else how many cool drinks U can gulp. Yeah, but enjoying a drink and getting drunk are different. Have the drinks slowly and not fast. The slower u have the lesser u consume. Cigarettes, gave up one fine day by throwing the packet. I never thought of cigarettes and erased it from the mind. One week it was hell. But after that I did not get the urge. Also keep away from smokers, lest U get tempted.
ananth
Answered by ananth nipani, 07 Feb '07 11:26 am

(0)
 (0)
2.

UNTILL UNLESS U WILL NOT SUFFER FROM ANY DISEASE YOU WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND HOW BAD IT IS , IT TAKES TIME BUT IT DEFINITELY EFFECT , HENCE BE CAREFUL & QUIT IT RIGHT AWAY ..MAKE YR. WILL POWER STRONG & TAKE YR. LIFE SERIOUSLY , THERE ARE SO MANY PEOPLE WHO CARES FOR U & NEED U , LIFE IS PRECIOUS USE IT IN GOOD WORK & MAINTAIN A RUTINE LIFE ADDING YOGA & YR. FAVORITE EXERCIES...

THANKS
MADHU NANDA

Answered by madhu nanda, 06 Feb '07 07:28 pm

(0)
 (0)
3.

I was a chain smoker(4-5 Packets a day) and a heavy drinker(7-8 pegs a day). I have quit both smoking and drinks totally since last 3 years. I did it in two phases. You can follow this if it suits you. I stopped smoking other than while drinking about 5 years prior to giving up drinks. That too I stopped inhaling the smoke, which slowly reduces the addictive tendency of nicotine. Then one day I just stopped drinks also all of a sudden . I kept about a half bottle of whisky at home just to ensure myself that I did not stop because of non availability of liquor. Even now I have kept that bottle of whisky at a place where it can be seen easily every time I enter my dining room.Basically what you need is will power and determination. I know it is easier said than done. I am now 52 years old. i must have smoked for around 30years and must have been drinking for about 20 years. However I suggest that you stop inhaling the smoke. It will stop the addiction. Or at least reduce.
Answered by NV K, 05 Feb '07 03:26 pm

(0)
 (0)
4.

Everything depend upon our thought, feeling, decision and emotion. we can do all that we want because we are the only COMPLETE CREATURE in the world. we have all the power but we are not able to see and use this yet. If we start our habit of chewing tabacco and alcohol then we only we can stop it. There is no other option to help us. Everthing depend upon our awareness. See towards ourselves WHAT I AM DOING. (RITHT / WRONG ?) Be serious about this question and repeat.
Keep always presence in your heart the rememberance of divine and everything will be all right.
Answered by suresh bhol, 07 Feb '07 11:25 am

(0)
 (0)
5.

self motivation, self belief r more necessary to quit any bad habbits.
Answered by krish rao, 05 Feb '07 02:54 pm

(0)
 (0)
6.

You got good answers which depend upon your will power but if you lack will power, they won't work. Prayer helps you increase your will power and Bach Flower Remedies are another good option if you don't want to pray at this point.
Answered by Venkateswaraswamy Swarna, 05 Feb '07 03:18 pm

(0)
 (0)
7.

I have seen a good solution is to cultivate a counter habit - like yogasanas, meditation, or heavy exercise.
Answered by James Lamb, 05 Feb '07 03:06 pm

(0)
 (0)
8.

Agreed that tabacco is bad. Quitting it does require serious will power from an individual. But why do you guys consider alcohal bad? Red wine (a glass a day) has mojor health benefits as proven in France. So does beer if taken in limits. Why would anyone who is not addicted to alcohal do so? Just go out, chill and enjoy your glass on occasions.
Answered by Anurag Sharma, 06 Feb '07 10:58 pm

(0)
 (0)
9.

you can stop smoking cigaratte by chewing a bubble gum or a chocklate. you can somehow TRY to stop it if you have something in your mouth when you feel like smoking cigaratte
Answered by Abhiram, 07 Feb '07 01:03 pm

(0)
 (0)
10.

the best way to forget these two habits is to brainwash yourself , that you were not indulging in these habits,at the same time, taking up some other useful activity, which in likelyhood would deviate your mind that things you are habituated and wanted to get rid of it. i did this way for my drinking habit and started reading books on personality development and took interest in equity trading alike.
regards
muralidhar
Answered by V DHAR, 07 Feb '07 09:19 am

(0)
 (0)

Q.

I would love to work for L&T for the best reason that it is a result oriented progressive ,professional management with sound personnel policies a..more