Q.

I have been married for 9 yrs now. i have a 3 year old child. my husband had been abusive towards me from the very beginning of our marriage. i literally had been a slave to him. just to save my marriage i gave in to all forms of cruelty mostly mental torture. he will distort facts, lie and insult me in front of all relatives and friends. its enough for me now, i can't take it any more. what is the legal steps involved for separation and how to get the custody of my only child. my parents are well off. even i can get a job. pls inform the legal formalities involved.

About: Healthintoday.com

10 Jun '09 10:34 am

1.

If you really do not want to continue with your marriage and your parents are supportive enough to take care of your decision and you are capable enough to find a job..then WHY WAIT..Take your child and live with your parents..and find a Job and start Working...Let him file a case of divorse..You only need to put a case of domestic voilence or maintenance... EVERYTHING WILL BE ALL RIGHT ..RESPECT YOUR DIGNITY..
Answered by Sharmila Bose, 10 Jun '09 04:26 pm

(2)
 (0)
2.

Visit http://www.advocatekhoj.com/ for getting an advocate
Answered by Naresh Gupta, 16 Jun '09 04:11 pm

(0)
 (0)
3.

Hi all,
the legal steps you can take is you can file criminal case againsst him under section 498 A for cruelty as well as mental torture simultaneoulsy u can file domestic violence complaint also. for getting rid of him u need to file divorce petition in the family court. child will remain with you if u prove in the court that u r capable of taking care of ur child.
regards
sudam borkar - 09987027028
Answered by sudam borkar, 11 Jun '09 12:43 am

(0)
 (0)
4.

It is better to take the divorce from this type of persson ur life will be hell .contact a lawyer
Answered by babu rao, 10 Jun '09 04:19 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Thanx for teh info..more

Answered by conviction