Q.

Nerdic is the emerging language of the modern tech savvy world.Please join to share a nerdic word and it's meaning those who are initiated in to it.:-)

Asked by vinod, 28 May '08 07:58 am

1.

The explosion of technology has created the fastest growing language in Europe, according to research published today.
Dubbed "Nerdic", this new way of communicating via technological terminology has developed separately to English and become the shared language of Europe, allowing people to communicate without geographical boundary.
According to the research by PIXmania.com, Nerdic may be more widely spoken than any other European dialect, with everyone from tech-toddlers to Wii-playing grannies embracing the geek speak of IT enthusiasts.
The researchers analysed the terminology associated with modern gadgetry and discovered that the three core elements required to define a new language: words, phrases and pronunciation are all present in Nerdic. So much so, that Nerdic is evolving faster than the English language, at a rate of more than 100 new words per year.

PIXMANIA.COM'S TOP TEN NERDIC WORDS & PHRASES TO LOOK OUT FOR IN 2008:
Answered by shintsie, 28 May '08 09:05 am

(0)
 (0)
2.

Nerdic = seamless cost free dynamic communication :)

Simple.
Answered by A Moin, 29 May '08 11:55 pm

(0)
 (0)
3.

Yes, according to research by website Pixmania.com, Nerdic is Europes fastest-growing new geeky language used by technology-savvy youngsters and IT enthusiasts. Here, some of famous quirky, techie terms in Nerdictionary :-

ALPHA GEEK The most knowledgeable, technically proficient person in an office or work group.
BANDWIDTH Your ability to handle an excessive number of jobs at the same time.
COBWEB A website that hasnt been updated in a long, long time.
CUBE FARM An office packed with cubicles full of busy workers.
CYBERCHONDRIAC Someone who imagines they have a disease because their symptoms match those listed on a health website.
DOORSTOP A computer no longer considered fast enough and only useful for keeping doors open.
EGOSURFING When you look yourself up on the internet.
FLESHMEET A rare meeting in the flesh, especially for people who usually only chat on the net.
INTERNOT Someone who refuses to use the internet.
Answered by Joseph Chacko, 29 May '08 01:14 am

(0)
 (0)
4.

I am so much outside of this young world. Frankly speaking, I find it very difficult to cope up with these terms, due to my ignorance of these words. Even the shortened abbreviations are a minefield for me. I do hear some from my children, only to forget it next day.

Anyway, thanks for asking this qn. Just by going through the answers, I am able to mug up a few words. May be, I would use some of these words in some of my answers in the future
Answered by Omega, 30 May '08 03:17 pm

(0)
 (0)
5.

i'm like:

the phrase attributes its modern existence to the naive but shrewd american youth. when dinara safin was asked if she agrees with her brother marat's decision to quit active tennis, she replied: "he says i'm going to quit and i'm like: 'that's not good.'"

what's this world coming to anyway?
Answered by Balaji Iyengar, 29 May '08 02:05 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Answered by iqbal ahmed