Q.

What are the benefits of observing silence ?

Tags: relationships, entertainment, religion & spirituality
Asked by jaya, 24 Jul '13 11:22 am

1.

Ek chuppi 100 sukh
Answered by ravi kumar, 24 Jul '13 11:27 am

(2)
 (0)
2.

All noise is waste. So I cultivate quietness in my speech, in my thoughts, in my emotions. I speak habitually low. I wait for attention and then my low words will be charged with dynamite ...... but I don't keep silent all the time otherwise fools may misunderstand me as their counterpart. :)))
Silence is a fence around wisdom...........in the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.........If we have strong emotional bank account , you will hear my every unspoken words
Answered by PARTHA PATHAK, 24 Jul '13 11:25 am

(2)
 (0)
3.

Atleast you don't speak unnecessary things which may land you in trouble 1
Answered by syed ilyas, 24 Jul '13 11:22 am

(2)
 (0)
4.

Spiritual Advantage
Most world religions use silence to connect to God. Eastern religions, such as Buddhism and Hinduism are known to observe silence as a prerequisite to spiritual purification and growth. Christians set aside a quiet time with God to seek His will. Stepping away from the busyness of life and spending time in solitude with God is an important part of one's Christian walk. Even Jesus told His disciples in Mark 6:31 to go to a deserted place by themselves and rest awhile. Silence and solitude refresh one's soul and can renew spiritual strength.

Relational Advantage
Whether the relationship is between a professional and a client or as husband and wife, silence can help enhance your relationship. In counseling, the ability to listen is an important trait of a good counselor. It is easier to build rapport with clients when they see that you listen to them. One aspect that contributes to success in therapy is the periods of silence, according to Waypoint Counseling Cent ...more
Answered by Piaa, 24 Jul '13 11:29 am

(1)
 (1)
5.

Silence is never observed for benefit. Silence is observed to mark respect for the departed souls.
Answered by Seshadri Srinivasan, 24 Jul '13 09:48 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

The aspirant to spiritual progress needs to see the value of silence as soul-exercise. Theosophy warns, however, against the hypocrisy of observing silence outwardly and allowing the mind to be noisy and turbulent. So mind must be silent alsonot in the sense of making it blank, empty and passive, open to any influence; but by bringing it to dwell on some great and noble idea. Concentration means coming together to a centre. The mishandling of the mind is one of the reasons why our civilization suffers from the misuse of speech. A petty or mean or rambling mind is bound to produce petty, mean and rambling words. Therefore silence in speech must be accompanied by rhythm in thinking.

Answered by Farhaan, 24 Jul '13 05:41 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

Silence is the best weapon to keep others shut their mouth
Answered by ajit ramdas vaidya, 24 Jul '13 05:05 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

First benefit is you find peace.
Rest is not important.
Answered by Prakash Chandra, 24 Jul '13 04:51 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

I can hear where my prey is - Mowgli
Answered by Vikram, 24 Jul '13 12:46 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

You can hear others opinion about yourself.
Answered by subhash, 24 Jul '13 12:44 pm

(1)
 (0)