Q.

If you are entitled to choose an award (like Nobel Prize, Grammy, Pulitzer, Bookers, Arjuna Award, Bharat Ratna, etc.) which one will you choose, why?

Tags: prize, bharat ratna, nobel prize
Asked by Muktha Radhakrishnan, 10 Dec '09 02:25 pm

1.

Dear Muktha recipients never choose the award like the ones you described. On the contrary, they are chosen if they deserve. I will tell you which award I would decline...hmmm...on a second thought...none. :)))))))))))
Answered by Jack Johnson, 10 Dec '09 06:44 pm

(4)
 (0)
2.

Bharat Ratna for me is the most coveted prize as its the highest civillian Award of my country which will make me proud if I ever get a chance to receive it!!
Answered by dharamender nebhnani, 10 Dec '09 06:37 pm

(2)
 (0)
3.

The Nobel ..wha else. It is the ultimate prize. When awarded the noble , the reciever automatically is elevated to the peak of his or her line of work. Most Nobel Laureates are respected and homoured all over the world.
Answered by joyoti sen, 10 Dec '09 02:31 pm

(2)
 (0)
4.

Nobel Prize, Grammy, Pulitzer, Bookers, Arjuna Award, Bharat Ratna Are awarded as detailed below:-

Since 1901, the NOBEL PRIZE has been honoring men and women from all corners of the globe for outstanding achievements in physics, chemistry, medicine, literature, and for work in peace. The foundations for the prize were laid in 1895 when Alfred Nobel wrote his last will, leaving much of his wealth to the establishment of the Nobel Prize.

he GRAMMY AWARDS or Grammysare presented annually by the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences of the United States for outstanding achievements in the music industry. The awards ceremony features performances by prominent artists, and some of the awards of more popular interest are presented in a widely-viewed televised ceremony.

Answered by anantharaman, 10 Dec '09 03:28 pm

(1)
 (1)
5.

I will probably choose the Nobel, because it has the biggest prize money of all those you have mentioned. After all, I have done nothing to deserve any of the above awards, and if suddenly given the opportunity to 'Choose' myself, I would treat it exactly like a lottery.
I would be ridiculed if I were given any of the above awards for doing nothing to deserve them, so let me at least enjoy the money, which would be the real prize and price for having to suffer such ridicule. :)
Answered by Satish Kamath, 11 Dec '09 12:38 pm

(1)
 (0)

6.

After eliminating all corrupt politicians and administrators, I expect a Nobel peace prize.
After making all our fellow citizens to understand the national anthem and respect it, I expect Grammy.
After I rewrite Gita and Ramayana to make people understand politics, I expect Pulitzer.
After writing my experience in eliminating the corrupt, I expect Bookers.
After I cleanse the sports system and make India capable to earn medals in every major world sports events, I will accept Arjuna Award.
And when I achieve all the above, I think you won't mind giving me Bharat Ratna. You will have no other choice.
Answered by Krishnakumar Narayanan, 11 Dec '09 01:30 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

President-ship of our Apartment Association so that I can teach a lesson or two to all who disagree with my pet dog.
Answered by Prakash Chandra, 10 Dec '09 03:44 pm

(2)
 (1)
8.

Well, I will propose the name of that man called Mishraji for Bharat Ratna. He runs a tea shop near our office at Milan subway, Santa Cruz. Tea shop?? Huh, what is so noble about running a tea shop?

See, he's a poor Brahman man from Bihar. He gave public service commission exams in the early nineties but call it a poor fate or anything, government introduced reservation norms the same year which killed his chances of joining administrative services. Under Laloo/Rabri regime, he kept trying hard for a govt job which remained only a distant dream. After facing so many problems, anyone can feel hopeless but he left his family there and came to Mumbai. I do not know much about the story of his struggle in the city but now he runs that tea shop. I remember, when para at Mumbai was soaring high because of the Marathi manoos issue, he kept doing his duty which is to serve tea, without thinking much. His tea shop has provided a great platform to the common man to think about politics, poli ...more
Answered by prashant sharma, 11 Dec '09 02:37 pm

(2)
 (0)
9.

I will like to be instrumental in making the poorest on earth laugh ,,, and continue to keep smiling ,,,that will be my biggest reward ,,,none can match a smile ,,,, hai na ?
Answered by RAJESH, 10 Dec '09 07:14 pm

(2)
 (0)
10.

Mukta our dear Anantha have given a very beautiful answer for this question. If i write any thing, it will not match any standard our dear Anantha. hence i think the best award ( even though he says with all his humbleness he do not want any award, as he is down to earth type person.), the best award will be give him the B.A. and is really suits him well.
Answered by Gopal, 10 Dec '09 04:24 pm

(1)
 (1)