Q.

Ours is an arranged marriage in which we got just 15 days between engagement and marriage.I couldn't know much about my husband and in-laws before marriage.They're good natured and love me very much,but their way of thinking is quite different as compared to mine and my family.They're a bit narrow minded at some points like their respect and the favours they seek from my parents.Frustrated with that I protested to that in the past, not knowing the outcomes.On realising my mistake I said sorry also.But their thinkings have become worse after that.How should I cpe with this situation?Please h

Asked by Radhika, 26 Feb '08 09:48 am

1.

I think you need to adjust
the kind mentioned by you
Answered by anil garg, 05 Feb '12 02:02 am

(0)
 (0)
2.

Being good to good is common. Being very good to the very bad is somthing extradinory. Hope you could mean what I mean.
Knowing your inlaw's after mariage and develope and apply yourpositive attitude towards doing good to them, and some times correcting them to be good ,is also needed (with polite but firm). Always bear it in your mind.Treat your self as a mother of the family. Though you are going to your husband home as daughter in law, play your role as a mother. A mother knows the need of the children. You should be kind and the same time you should keep the strictness too. By doing this you can win the hearts of your husband kith and kin. Because you are also going to become as a mother on law. It is like a school for an in house training. Because everything begins from home, like best humanbeing, better society, which makes a better India. Think and take always positive decisions which will certainly put you and your beloved at the top of the world. Best wishes for your happy m ...more
Answered by Xavier, 26 Feb '08 10:06 am

(0)
 (0)
3.

At times, we as girls tend to perceive our in laws as 'demons', monster, an imposing figure, a despotic tyrant!But no so!Everyone thinks differently, not all five fingers are the same. You have had a different upbringing and so do your partner and his family. How can you expect them to fit into your mould of thinking on the same lines. Marriage requires adjustments, compromise just to make the opposite person happy. I agree that there are times when you completely think poles apart to what your partner/in laws think/ But everyone has the freedom of expression to speak his mind. If you do not like something, you can't ask them to button up their lip. As a sign of respect, you should respect their point of view too. This does not necessarily mean that you have to acquiesce to their wishes/demands. You should stand your ground and be responsible for your actions. I don't' say that you have to yield every time. But you should fine tune yourself to such differences of opinion. This will avo ...more
Answered by Doctor Know, 26 Feb '08 09:57 am

(0)
 (0)
4.

Dear radhika............ i giv you idea believe me it will work..............try to win thier heart and trust............do what they want ......................laugh whn they laugh.........giv bit xtra respect...................do it for 1month ...thn u see d changes in thm
Answered by tarun arora, 26 Feb '08 09:52 am

(0)
 (0)
5.

U need to talk to your in-laws..Clear all the misunderstanding if any..All problems have a solution if u think logically..If u do nof find any solution,then better to leave it to God..
Answered by Ismail Sayyed, 26 Feb '08 09:52 am

(0)
 (0)
6.

Give time to your relationship do your best n everything will be fine don't worry
Answered by jignasa wala, 26 Feb '08 09:50 am

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Girlfriend is one whom we love and intend to make her wife in due course. A friendly girl is one who is just a friend and there is no intention of go..more

Answered by Francisco